or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

That's what I was thinking - that asking for a letter stating that the phone belongs to you and please return it allows the Giz folks to send it back registered mail etc so that they can document that it was returned as well confirming that it is in fact truly an iPhone prototype. but I suppose Steve never would have called if it was some fake.
So much for the army of ninjas...
gotta keep in mind that it (appears to me) that the report is showing percent of sales for a given time period - not total overall sales ever. so for an essentially brand new device available on multiple networks with heavy marketing and discounting - to outsell in one quarter the iPhone which is not available on multiple networks - is not heavily discounted - and which has been a long time without an update and with an update pending - is not at all surprising. Now - if...
I admit it was a pretty weak analogy - I was trying to come up with something where a single organization exercises a significant impact on an industry but where that impact is completely irrelevant to anything that could be called a monopoly. You could argue that anything Apple does with any of their products is monopolistic since Apple is the only company producing Apple products - but that completely misses the point of a monopoly. How anyone can use the word monopoly...
The article says:So does that mean that the RIAA and MPAA are exerting illegal monopoly power over the music and movie industries when the assign ratings to music and movies? And the federal government is exerting illegal monopoly power over my income by collecting income taxes - no wait, the feds aren't the only ones who do that so its not a monopoly.
Keep in mind that the graph is % share - not total numbers - so the "slide" is only as a relative percentage - the chart does not tell you whether or not the entire market number of phones is increasing or decreasing - in other words - while 20% is a smaller percentage that 25% - 20% of 20 million is more than 25% of 15 million for example. I am definitely one waiting to see what the next iPhone hardware will bring but perhaps even more so what the software and tethering...
I recently installed Office 2007 on my work machine (windows xp) and almost immediately had to switch back to 2003 for Word and Excel - primarily because I use macros extensively and while they function on 2007 - there is no way to customize the toolbar and include custom icons and keyboard shortcuts for my macros. Yes you can put them in the quick access toolbar but no custom icon or keyboard shortcut. Yesterday - for just one customer - I had to open 25 word docs and run...
Never mind competitors - $30 a month is half of what AT&T is charging me for my unlimited data PC card - which I only need because they do not offer tethering on the iPhone and the tethering I had on my old Treo 650 under Verizon was only good enough for emergencies. Speculation is one thing - speculation by someone who actually knows what they are talking about can be more useful. I would speculate that the low rate is partly due to an expectation that the majority...
[QUOTE=monstrosity;1627415]I guess I got it backwards - you are betting that the world does not end - if you win and the world does not end you keep your $100 and collect on the bet - if the world does end and you lose you would have to pay the $100 - provided someone could find a way to collect that $100 after the end of the world. Or in other words - if someone says to you that they will bet $100 the world WILL end - you would cover that bet with your $100 that the...
I'll take you up on that - I'll bet all my worldly possessions. Just let me get this right - if the world does end - then you get ALL my stuff and if the world does NOT end - then you send me $100, right? The only way I see the "world " ending in 2010 is if some dumb arse gets a hold of a nuclear weapon and decides he is "fated" to use it. Still - even in that case - the planet will go on even if humans and or anything resembling human civilization does not. The whole...