or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

sorry I couldn't do my homework - the dog ate my power cord
how about adding real privacy to browsers? I am tired of getting spam to everyone of my email accounts - when I know for a fact that I did not give anyone permission to use my email for that purpose - and even my son's email - which I do not use for posting on forms or anything - gets spam - and the only place I can think of that it is coming from is some ad on some browser is asking my system to provide an email address. I suppose I should use something like little snitch...
I hadn't thought of that - Apple contracting directly with component suppliers to send the parts to Foxconn - then with Foxconn to simple put them all together - $11 a unit for final assembly sounds more reasonable. I was thinking Foxconn would be buying the component parts and then aggregating the total cost up to that point and Apple paying a single bill. probably works better to have your own contracts with the component suppliers so the assembler doesn't mark them up...
I don't get something here - if and the iPad price is $499 (for one model) does that mean Apple's cost of manufacturing each iPad is only $11.47? (not including shipping it around the world. Or does that mean the gross profit that Foxconn makes is $11.47 per unit? I would be really surprised if the total cost of materials and manufacturing was only $11.47. unless that $11.47 does not include the materials cost. if the total cost of materials and manufacturing was more...
should it really be considered a monopoly if no one WANTS to spend their money on the alternatives? and how can you say it is wrong for distributor to dictate terms to the supplier but not the other way around? Did the big publishing houses not have the opportunity to negotiate ANYTHING AT ALL with Apple? Were they FORCED to unconditionally accept Apple's terms? Maybe they were and did so from a position of desperation and now that Apple as a distributor has some...
don't forget about things like corporate taxes and health insurance and other costs beyond employee salary. and what about comparison to wages at other companies in the same area? or average monthly wage in the area or for all of china? $130 a month sounds like a pittance to me - but if the average working wage there is $20 then that is a lot by comparison. also keep in mind that a 20% increase in payroll for line workers does not translate into a 20% increase if the...
Just got figure out what about - the stress cased by thinking that Steve B would be there or the distress caused by thinking that he would not be there after all - or the strain of trying to imagine how that would be possible. help me out here people - gotta be something we can work with. maybe a police action against the analyst who first published the rumor to find out what might be hidden in his wireless router that would shed light on this case.
And the Saturn and Pontiac and Hummer divisions of GM are still working on the idea that customers want to buy cars based on outdated technologies that get lower gas milage etc than vehicles produced by foreign companies... oh hold on... that didn't work out so well. (nothing against GM products in general - in fact I have both a Pontiac and a Saturn in my garage - just making what may be a weak analogy to point out a way of thinking that is backward looking rather...
I bought my primarily for enterprise use - in fact if I did not use it for work I likely would not have a smartphone at all. Sure I use it for personal use as well - but primarily a business tool for me. No where near capable of replacing a notebook for what I do - though it does dramatically reduce the amount of time I need to spend on the notebook while in transit to keep up to date with emails and reduce the workload I have to deal with when I get to where pulling out...
Makes me feel like I am running windows. I tried to show my son a video on youtube and got a message that I did not have the correct flash plugin - which is odd since I had just used youtube the day before. So I went to Adobe's website and installed the latest available Flash and Shockwave players - and even ran a disk utility clean up - but now I still have an error message that says: Safari can;t find the Internet plug-in. The page "YouTube..." has content of MIME...