or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

"Forced" - so the Apple Store employee held a gun to their head? What can the store do if you say no? or make one up? If unwanted marketing materials were hazardous I'd have been dead several times over long ago. And how is your zip code any more personally identifying that whatever info is encoded on your credit card - and your email address if you use that for a copy of your receipt?
Not quite sure why but that picture makes me think of the pre cogs from Minority Report. Me: Show me google search results for restaurants near me: Cortana: Here are your Bing! search results for restaurants near Redmond, WA Me: Uh, no, I asked for GOOGLE results for restaurants near ME. Cortana: Here are Bing! search results for restaurants in MAINE. ME: Uh, no, GOOGLE search for restaurants near where I am now. Cortana: There are no restaurants near Wil.i.am at this...
My late 2011 15" MBP just got a new motherboard under AppleCare for this problem. Got it back and put my 8GB DIMMs back in and it was crashing with no video anomaly - downloaded Remember and Memtest and determined one of the memory cards was bad - that is getting replaced under warranty. Wish there was an easy/cheap replacement for the Radeon X1600 GPU problem on my old MBP - system still works with the GPU kext files removed but then cannot run any graphics intensive...
Of the three that are in my family (none being used as phones any longer) all three still work - although one could use a new battery and one had some anomalies with the LCD when it was purchased used. I wonder how many 7 year old phones from other companies are still being used in any capacity.
 Or perhaps even just by osmosis - far easier to stand back and let your products be brought into a company because people there WANT your devices, which has effectively zero cast - that to spend massive amounts of money trying to force, uh I mean market, your way in. 
 Canada? Sounds more like something developed at the NSA headquarters 
 I doubt most people would have these installed on a solid glass doors - meaning that from outside there would be no way to know that such a device was installed. If you search on lock pics you will find that most types of locks have some sort of tool or device available for defeating them.  I am surprised someone hasn't put on their tin foil hat and claimed that the NSA or DHS is backing all these type of electronic locks as it would make the job of entering a building...
But what about the connector - I would like to get the extra battery life - and the extra storage is nice - but if I can't plug it into my car for both charge and sync without removing it from the case then it less useful. Not that anyone is really doing that - the closest I think I have seen is a battery pack that has a detachable cable from the pack to the phone meaning you can bypass it - which might work since the primary times you need the extra battery power are when...
Thank god - finally - someone has determined the most effective way to solve all inequities in the world based on gender - force Apple to have more women on the board of directors - and everything for ever after will be sunshine and puppy dogs.    If the pundits really want there to be more women in these positions I think they need to start at the bottom, not the top, meaning that such change is far more effective when it is pervasive and begins at the earliest stages...
 I am not sure that capitalism requires companies to be publicly traded. In fact I would think that the entire stock market system is something of a leach on the system and just like labor unions they once served a valuable purpose but have long since outgrown their initial function to take on a life of their own which retains only a glimmer of the original purpose.  In case that is not clear - in the case of unions, they came about at a time when working conditions and...