or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

You'd think that by now Apple and its suppliers would have enough experience working with white plastic or paint or whatever it the white bits are made of. Maybe the white model will be a Verizon compatible phone
I am sure someone will post this so I will lead off with - Jail Breaking your iPhone does not meant that you have to or can only use pirated software. It means that you can. But I think the reason that seems to be the most popular (or at least admitted to) is that you can use features which have been blocked for what may seem to be arbitrary reasons - such as tethering or MMS etc. As an analogy - what if your car came with computer programming that limited your...
I am sure someone will post this so I will lead off with - Jail Breaking your iPhone does not meant that you have to or can only use pirated software. It means that you can. But I think the reason that seems to be the most popular (or at least admitted to) is that you can use features which have been blocked for what may seem to be arbitrary reasons - such as tethering or MMS etc. As an analogy - what if your car came with computer programming that limited your...
It says that location based data is collected anonymously - no personal info sent - you may consider your location to be personal - but I think what they are getting at is that location based data where the app requests location anonymously in order to do things such as list local sea food restaurants is not considered to be divulging personal information - whereas an app keeping track of where your phone specifically is located every time you ask for restaurant...
So what happens to your reservation if they don;t have a phone for you? does it still expire after 24 hours and you have to make a new reservation?
I want to get 4 of em - not sure I can afford it just yet - but I have an original iPhone 2G that needs to be replaced - and considering one for the wife and my parents are both considering iPhone as their first smartphone ever and getting onto my plan.
My 3G usage while at home is really low - but when traveling is between 2 and 5 GB - with at least one month recently over 5 GB - partly due to netflix and partly due to poor WiFi in hotels I have stayed in. While it may be possible to switch plans on the fly - that is really annoying - and while yes of course companies are in business to make money - if they had an automatic switch to the plan that was the least expensive for a given month based on the fact that if they...
on my iPhone I average about 100MB per month on my notebook card I range from 0 to a high of 5,376,963 KB for which I did not see any additional charges - several other months I had 2.8GB and 2.2GB. I find that 3G is often better than hotel wireless in many places I go and easier than trying to get on a customer's network when traveling for business. and I like to watch netflix when on the road - so that pushes my usage up - but also some times have to send or...
sorry I couldn't do my homework - the dog ate my power cord
how about adding real privacy to browsers? I am tired of getting spam to everyone of my email accounts - when I know for a fact that I did not give anyone permission to use my email for that purpose - and even my son's email - which I do not use for posting on forms or anything - gets spam - and the only place I can think of that it is coming from is some ad on some browser is asking my system to provide an email address. I suppose I should use something like little snitch...