or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

I bought my primarily for enterprise use - in fact if I did not use it for work I likely would not have a smartphone at all. Sure I use it for personal use as well - but primarily a business tool for me. No where near capable of replacing a notebook for what I do - though it does dramatically reduce the amount of time I need to spend on the notebook while in transit to keep up to date with emails and reduce the workload I have to deal with when I get to where pulling out...
Makes me feel like I am running windows. I tried to show my son a video on youtube and got a message that I did not have the correct flash plugin - which is odd since I had just used youtube the day before. So I went to Adobe's website and installed the latest available Flash and Shockwave players - and even ran a disk utility clean up - but now I still have an error message that says: Safari can;t find the Internet plug-in. The page "YouTube..." has content of MIME...
as it turns out the special guest speaking is not Steve Ballmer but rather Peter Boyles
i would think that Apple/Steve have al the space in the world to surprise us - anything that we do not expect will be a surprise. To say there is no room for surprise is like saying you already know or can predict EVERYTHING that is coming. With leaked prototype hardware and OS 4 betas I suppose you could say big surprised are unlikely - but that's about as far as I would go. Its almost as if the leaks and such are confirmation that everything the analyst has...
7 minutes of Ballmer on June 7 talking about Windows 7 - 777 the new number of the beast More likely some sort of Office 2011 on Mac OS X demo of the release candidate build. What is Apple going to do when they get to OS X 10.9 - go with 10.10 or OS X 11.0 - or OS XI (sounds like a hard k followed by the word eye). Or maybe OS 11.
I want tethering! - my original iPhone is getting on in years and a 4G (or at least truly fully 3G supported functional working 3G where I need it) with tethering at a rate that is not obnoxious - would allow me to dump the 3G card in my notebook.
If only the iPad had a camera built in - then they could not only review the condition of the car at turn it (or service drop off) but also take photos of the vehicle at the same time and have the customer sign off on that being their vehicle etc - leaving little if any room for any disagreement later over things like damage done while in for service etc.
so if they worked less hours and got paid more they would all be happy and no suicides, right? but I thought money cannot buy happiness - so where is the link? Although having money sure makes being sad more affordable. if the latest guy was there only 42 days I would be looking into things like life insurance or some sort of fraud - maybe he go the job with the intent to kill himself and just had to wait 40 days before his family would get paid a death benefit or...
no the world does not end at the US border - only the civilized world don't blame us for all the US haters out there - just crossing into Canada is hard enough when you tell them the reason for your visit is business - then they get all uppity and want to know why a Canadian citizen cannot do the job - and will the customer be paying you directly - and why are you crossing the border at 4:30 today if the meeting isn't till tomorrow - etc etc. okay - well maybe we are not...
or maybe it was all an elaborate plot to get EVERYONE all jazzed up and TONS of free media coverage for what will be a major advance for the iPhone and they will have record sales in the coming quarter.