or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

Makes me wonder what the criteria are for a class acton lawsuit are. A case such as Toyota's runaway acceleration resulting in injury, property damage etc - I can see that - even if only to cover the cost of proactive - preemptive corrective action. But in the case of the iPhone - except for Apple's denial that it is a problem - wouldn't it at least be useful to find out just how many units are affected - or whether it is a hardware or software or network issue. I...
The reason to care is that the revenue generated by the ads helps to keep the cost of the apps low for the consumer since it is a way for the developers to make $ without needing to charge $50 for an app. Just like commercial television and commercial radio - you don't pay $1000 a month for "broadcast" TV or Radio because of commercials.
As has been discussed ad nauseum every time this type of report comes out - the numbers provided are the individual component cost of the parts - not the total cost to Apple of production including R&D - Software - shipping - marketing etc. Kinda of like looking up the cost of a set of brake pads on eBay for your BMW vs dropping your car off at the BMW dealer to have the brakes replaced. (or any dealer really). would you expect the car dealer to instal your brake pads as...
can't be - it's got a motorola chipset in it What we need is a liquid rubber coating such as this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycjbrQSvCzk to dip your hand into to prevent accidental contact between your skin and the phone - just leave a couple finger tips exposed so you can still use the touch screen.
I'l second that!
Made a trip to the local Apple store today - picked up an iPhone 4 (literally picked it up can't afford to by one till my bonus comes in) - and was able to repeatedly kill the bars by holding it in my right hand as I would while typing a text or email etc. Also - Retina Display - wow - by comparison my current iPhone 2G looks fuzzy.
I see what it is now - a plot to create new appointed positions and such and be able to say see how well I am spending you tax dollars I am protecting your privacy while meanwhile nothing changes and our taxes go up.
1-888-FACETIM just doesn't sound quite right. Maybe the 800 - 888 numbering system needs to be updated. 1-88-FACETIME would be 1-88-3233-8463 allowing 881, 882, 883, 884, etc would open more numbers - right - those aren't already being sued or reserved are they?
Might be harder for folks to pretend to be listening. And why has no one suggested how hazardous this is going to be for folks making phone calls while driving? or is the WiFi only leading people to think that it won't be used while driving? don't be too sure - I have had my notebook with 3G card setup to share internet to WiFi while driving - so technically it is possible.
I have heard rumors of Time Warner implementing data caps - but I think they would first have to give us some reporting on usage. I have no idea what my usage is but since I got NetFlix I am sure it has gone way up. will have to load that meter tool and see what happens - though I have so many computers I may not capture all the traffic - would have to collect data at my router to get that. (my work machine also has Mozy Pro online backup) - might not be too bad if they...