or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

that may have an advantage over logmein - with logmein I have to install the software on the remote computer by first logging in with my account - or by making someone at the remote site a user under my account - looks like the teamviewer allows the remote user to run the software and it generates the required connection security info that allows the connection - on the other hand for some of the machines I remotely manage the local users would be challenged to even do...
in addition the portable device would not have to be all that powerful or expensive - say a 10" table - and if it was lost or stolen or damaged it would not be quite as disruptive or expensive to recover. it may actually be a step towards cloud - more people getting used to the idea of your data being somewhere other than on the device in your hands.
That depends on what you need to do while remote - for example if you only needed to get or put files you could use ssh - telnet - ftp - etc - of course those require some extra setup and configuration etc. I use a combination of Timbuktu (which is cross platform), Mac OS screen sharing, and logmein free to remotely support about 60 computers - including Mac, Windows and virtual machines. THe choice of which to use when generally depends on whether the machines are truly...
My original 2G (or 2.5G or whatever) iPhone worked a lot better before the 3GS was rolled out. For the first couple of years I owned the phone I can barely recall a dropped call or lost signal that I could not attribute to things like going through a tunnel - or at least in areas where my previous Treo on Verizon had exactly the same problem. In fact, the iPhone with AT&T overall was better than the Treo with Verizon. However, since the 3.x software and the 3GS...
yes that would definitely be a good idea - though it would require a hardware upgrade and a subscription I would think - what i was suggesting is a way for current Wi-Fi only iPod touch units to get access to the internet in places where there is no Wi-Fi offered by service providers or other hot spots - if you have wired access in a computer that has a Wi-Fi card you can get your iPod Touch on the internet without built in cellular capability or monthly fees.
If you have access to someone with a wired connection and a wireless card - you should be able to use internet connection sharing to create your own wi-fi hot spot from the computer to the iPod - even if that wired connection is a dial up modem or cellular card. Of course what you can do with that connection may be limited by its available bandwidth and throughput.
What percentage of iPhone users are under 18 versus iPod Touch users? I would think that there are not a lot of folks under the age of 18 using iPhones - at least not those who have their own credit cards and such - meaning that paid or otherwise the user of an iPhone is far more likely to be someone who would have the means to pay for an upgrade. Compared to how many iPod Touch units have been bought for folks under 18 - who do not have a credit card of their own -...
What about a structural engineer analyzing a new bridge design. Or a geologist studying the readings from an earthquake. Or add in a few more sensors and have ability to "touch" and "move" the objects without using a keyboard or mouse? At this point I believe it is an interesting idea that deserves further development - and while initial applications will very likely be games - I could easily see it becoming the standard interface for some applications - and with...
When are people going to stop using the term "barrier" to describe what should be called a "milestone" or a "mark" or even a "plateau" ? At least in the case of the "sound-barrier" there were folks who thought that the physics relative to our best technical efforts would be insurmountable. On the other hand I think there are many cases where someone decided that their was a barrier (four minute mile perhaps) before any serious effort to test that "limit" to me a...
that video clip was pretty cool - though for everyday tasks it could be disorienting. Instead of wearing a head mounted pair of LEDs - wouldn't there be some way to use the built in camera in most Macs these days to detect your eyes and use those for tracking? other examples of using the built in camera to detect the user include this one http://www.freeverse.com/mac/product/?id=45