or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

I do not understand how Apple is responsible for violating a patent on technology built into the CPU - or did I miss something and it is something in the OS? It reminds me of a local case where a woman slipped and fell on a sidewalk in front of a house and sued the city, the homeowner, AND the real estate agent who had the house listed for sale AND the real estate agent's broker. Now - IF maintaing the sidewalk is the responsibility of the city AND the sidewalk was...
in a quick test on one machine - it subjectively seemed faster - but prevented my local screen sharing from working - perhaps setup on my router it would not interfere with local traffic - though I would have to test it against my VPN for work before i could use it full time. If there is any sort of tracking info that Google could capture - so too can anyone else providing DNS services - so it is not a matter of what might Google do with the data - but what might any...
Yes low-end - as in the lesser of two models - with only 16GB of capacity and a lower price.
maybe they are not talking about the iPod/sound functions but the wireless carrier signal and amplification of a signal to improve coverage and performance of the wireless data link
Hmm - if you have a personal RFID chip - it could automatically unlock the device only when used within range of you - meaning that for someone to steal the device the only value it would have would be the hardware - stealing information or using up cell minutes etc would be far more difficult. Or combined with RFID tags in the food spoilage scenario could detect a problem and send out a message that would alert other folks buying products from the same batch.
When I first read the original article I was thinking it was some kink of joke or hoax - of course then I realized that Windows is some kind of joke or hoax so it fits. In fairness though I have used many operating systems for many years and I don't think any of them are as good or as bad as the some folks would have you believe - and overall each has improved over the years - my personal preference in Mac OS for overall ease of use, for it just works (except when it...
Current RFID technology is not at a point where you could track anyone's location at all times. If you could - I wonder what the 11 people whose bodies were found in a house not too far from here would have to say about it if there had been a way for someone to know where they were between the time they first came into contact with a registered sex-offender and the time they were killed. Unless you want to go live in the woods and have some way to earn cash for anything...
Just wait until I get my law suit filed - that guy will be in serious trouble - because I had all those ideas in 1979 - and had the CIA follow me around to document things (all except the parts where I was wearing my aluminium foil hat - and at first I had Bob Crane working as my informant but we all know the FBI assassinated him to dis-credit my case - so I had to switch to Ashton Kucher - only trouble is that every time I try to file my suit the lawyer just thinks he got...
Most of the RFID devices in use today require a proximity of a couple feet between the tag and the reader to work - yes there are some that work over a couple hundred feet but that may require direct line of sight etc. Maybe this opens up a whole new market for small compact portable Faraday cages or other type of shielding to prevent unauthorized scanning of your RFID tag.
Why don't you think each iPhone (and iPod touch) cannot have its own RFID signature? IBM recently added an option to include a unique RFID tag in many of the products it sells. Including devices such as computer system as well as tape cartridges. A simplified RFID tag contains a 96 digit "serial number" a standard RFID tag include 2 Kb of data. 96 digits is 1 times 10 to the 96 - there is somewhere near 7 billion people on the planet - or 1 times 10 to the 9 - which...