or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

on of my wife's doctors uses epocrates - on an iPhone - except that when I saw him use it (in late 2008) - the iPhone version did not have prices and he had to pull out a treo (I think it was a treo - might have been a blackberry) to get the pricing. not sure if that was because it had only just come out or he had not updated his subscription or whatever. the medical imaging type apps would certainly benefit from larger screen space. For HIPPA and other regulatory...
Same thing over and over - housing bubble did not learn from the tech stock bubble did not learn from the (fill in your favorite bubble) did not learn from the railroad bubble - and on and on we go.
That's not new - our political leaders have been using that app for generations - not so long ago I listen to someone - state governor I think it was - speak at a rally for at least 30 minutes and all along everything he said sounded good but when I tried to extract any meaning whatsoever from what he said in the end it was meaningless - devoid of any meaning - just buzz words and circular logic that got the crowd excited but accomplished nothing but perhaps increasing...
sorry - but I did not read through all the 100+ comments already posted but... what occurred to me is that perhaps in order to meet a tight production deadline - they used the same manufacturing of the internal structural part for the iPad as was already on the shelf from other products - with the camera cutout - which may or may not indicate a plan to add a camera in the future - certainly leaves the option open. if it were a matter of application or OS support -...
I smell a class action law suit coming.... although not exactly sure how it would be written.
how abou the iWant? or maybe iGot? actually I'll ait until they have an HDMI output and I can stream Netflix on it. and what about making a VoIP call? then again - not as conventient as an iPhone to toss in your pocket and go - unless maybe you wear cargo pants all the time. Why not prefix every product with a? Such as aPod and aPhone and aTV - but then I suppose if you told someone "I just got aTV" they would mistake that for "I just got a TV" Apple TV sounds...
Would't that make a little more sense in a tablet? not that it would hurt the phone.
that may have an advantage over logmein - with logmein I have to install the software on the remote computer by first logging in with my account - or by making someone at the remote site a user under my account - looks like the teamviewer allows the remote user to run the software and it generates the required connection security info that allows the connection - on the other hand for some of the machines I remotely manage the local users would be challenged to even do...
in addition the portable device would not have to be all that powerful or expensive - say a 10" table - and if it was lost or stolen or damaged it would not be quite as disruptive or expensive to recover. it may actually be a step towards cloud - more people getting used to the idea of your data being somewhere other than on the device in your hands.