or Connect

Posts by bobo28

Maybe it was one of these yet undeveloped Mac virus's that took down the British itunes ? Lets name it the "good taste in music virus " !
Now we start to see why Verizon hasn't been freaking out . Not only is their installed business base , which I believe is the largest, probably not going anywhere, at least immediately. But while Apple/ATT are concentrating on the consumer market, Verizon is going to aggressively lock up the business market for a one or two years . How many businesses are going to say " hey, lets spend at least twice as much per year" . With a Mac Apple always gave identifiable...
All someone has to do is get within 30 feet ? Dam ! Most of the time I just smile at the cops . . . they never know I 'm wanted ! Now they'll set their scanners to check everyone who comes with in range ! Can I put tin foil around my drivers license ( Real ID) ), my head or iphone so they can't read me ? Better yet, I'm willing to help finance a start up that manufactures fake RIFD broadcast devices so that no one can scan you/your RIFD(s) without your...
If AMD/IBM come out with something better, what stops Apple from switching , or more likely adding ? OSX is clearly multi-platform capable and has been for some time. I wonder how long Apple has to remain exclusively Intel? Then again , if Intel keeps on innovating at this rate , what difference does it make ? In my case it just means I'll really use my current tower and PB until I can't stand them any more, then bite the bullet . . . at least I'll be getting real...
I often receive pictures over the internet that have been cropped or other wise altered. Often there DeskTop Icons contain the entire image. When I try and open them, I just get the cropped image. Does anyone know how I can get the whole image to open ? Also How can I be sure this isn't happening to ti outgoing images ? I have PS Elements, Preview, and iPhoto. Any suggestions would be appreciated, in this instance both propositions are very important (and...
My verizon contract is up for renewal. I want a smart-phone, like a Treo. . I want the most compatibility with my Macs, OSX 10.4.5 , as possible . Any advice? How will windows mobile work with OSX, or will it at all? The EVDO in the 700 is very attractive, but I understand that in many ways the 650 is still superior. . . I would appreciate any advice. . . Thanks. . .
Tomorrow at the family gathering, my nephew is going to ask me if I can transfer music from itunes (on my powerbook) to his psp. I tried this at Thanksgiving. It transfers the icon, and apparently the music itself, but it won't play. This happen with music that came from c.d.'s and from itms, so it can't all be DRM related. Does anyone have any idea what going on here? I really wan this to work, my nephew is a real widozs fan, but my nephew want a Mac, his dad is using...
How about the worm? oh no, that was another topic, sorry !
Come On! APPLE = MACINTOSH : GET IT ? Apple, Steve Jobs, One of the greatest marketing successes in history . Who really thinks that they would drop one of the most recognized and successful brand names in history? Especially when they are just about to associate in the minds of the mass market public with one of the others : Intel ! Even SBC is taking ATT's name , right? Did Ford get rid of Volvo? GM : Saab ?, BMW :Mini ? The Mac Platform, with it's OS is really...
There are a lot of factors that determine where the line is. Business judgement, having access to a lot of factors that are available to the public , but in one place, proprietary trade info, such as new models and processors that must be kept secret, all go into the determination. For that kind of of money, even if the transaction(s) are determined to be wrong, they might not be illegal, in which case, no fines, jail, etc. If at least 4 to execs are doing it, I'll bet...