or Connect

Posts by robbyx

I feel the same.  I'm looking for 150 by year's end.  That, of course, assumes a solid Watch launch.
 http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/FOB
Sorry, the Apple TV hijack is my fault.  But I'm headed to bed and bowing out.  So get back to talking about the Watch! And I agree with just about everything you said.  I can't for the life of me figure out why Apple still refuses to open Apple TV up and offer an App Store, which will mostly be games.  The only point of disagreement...I think you might very well find many Xbox and PS games making their way to Apple TV.  If the hardware is adequate and the market is huge,...
 How about you answer my questions?  So Beats is OK but Pandora is not on your Apple TV?  Yes or no?  If yes, why isn't Pandora allowed?  Furthermore, saying that an App Store is "stupid" and therefore not viable is hardly a reason.  Give me some actual REASONS that an App Store on Apple TV makes no sense.
 So Beats and iCloud Photos can stay, but Pandora and Spotify are stupid?  I can read just fine.  Your idea for Apple TV is weak.  It makes no sense to limit the platform.  A TV is just another screen in one's home.  Allow hardware manufacturers to create controllers for it.  Allow developers to write apps for it.  You haven't given one single reason why an App Store is "stupid".  You've just dismissed it because YOU don't like it.  I'll take you seriously when you...
What if you don't have an iPad?  You didn't cover anything.  You said it should have channels and a separate area for games.  I asked what about Beats?  What about iCloud Photos?  These are APPS.  You didn't cover any of that in your earlier post, much less respond to my questions.  You were just your usual dismissive self.  It's stupid.  Because I think so.  End of story.  Full of yourself much? And yes, your vision for Apple TV is crippling.  It's boring.  It's old...
 Too limited in vision.  Why limit anything?  Why limit someone's creativity?  Yes, it's a television.  And what is a television?  A big screen.  What do you call Beats Music on the Apple TV?  iCloud Photos?  I call them apps.  What about weather?  I'd love to look at high def radar images on my TV.  Maybe Facebook creates an app that only displays images and videos.  Interactive news apps.  The possibilities are endless and the platform certainly doesn't deserve to be...
Look, I love Nintendo, but anyone who isn't hopelessly biased can see that their hardware is pretty long in the tooth.  The Wii's weaker graphics were made up for with a great controller and game experience.  And it sold like crazy for the first few years.  The Wii-U hasn't done nearly as well.  I don't think Nintendo's marketing is the problem either.  It might not be great, but they have much bigger problems.  For starters, smartphones are eating into the portable game...
Catering to people who don't care about hardware and just want good products worked wonders for the Wii.  It was extremely innovative and it sold extremely well.  However, the last few years have not been so kind to Nintendo and the Wii-U is far from a hit.  Back when the Wii came out, they made up for the weaker graphics with an innovative controller.  That's not working so well for them these days.  They are definitely long overdue for a hardware upgrade, whatever that...
To be clear, I definitely do NOT want Apple to start making TVs. I also don't think Nintendo is a good measure of success these days. They've fallen woefully behind in hardware. Their real asset is their creative and their established franchises.The Apple Watch requires an iPhone. The Apple TV does not. There are a few hundred million people on earth with iPhones. There are 7 billion who could buy Apple TV. That's why I'd focus on the living room.Apple has added game...