or Connect

Posts by robbyx

5 years?  That seems incredible optimistic.  Personally I found the article rather amusing and very much agree with the vaporware gist.  HoloLens looks interesting, sure, but practical?  Useful?  Yeah, right.  Who is going to wear something like that?  It makes Google Glass seems downright stylish.  That said, I'm glad to see companies like Google and Microsoft pushing the envelope.  Apple seems rather conservative these days by comparison.  Of course, who knows what...
Interesting perspective, but I don't think for a moment that we get the government we vote for anymore.  It's absolutely impossible today to run for any serious national level office without massive amounts of money.  The only people who make it through and stand as candidates were bought long before the election. Furthermore, our government has waged a relentless fear campaign since 9/11 gave them the blank check to wipe their collective ***** with the Constitution.  Most...
 Oh, so anyone who doesn't hate Snowden hates his country?  Doesn't matter if what the country has done is outright WRONG?  Never mind that.  Snowden would never, EVER get a fair trial here.  He'd be whisked away, psychologically abused like Manning, and eventually find himself locked up for life - and the public wouldn't be privy to any of it.  You're getting your panties in a bunch over breaking a confidentiality oath while giving our government a free pass to break the...
But it's fine when his country betrays the people.  Got it.
 But why is this important now?  In the past no one sued Apple or Dell or anyone else over the fact that a 100GB hard drive didn't have 100GB of free space.  People just understood that the operating system (and whatever else was installed) took up space. Class action lawsuits are the worst of the worst.  A law firm makes hundreds of millions of dollars while every member of the class gets $3.  The ONLY people who benefit from these offensive, frivolous lawsuits that are...
I think the Apple TV will sell better than the watch. Like you, I'm not sold on the idea of wearables. Apple has to convince me that the watch is better than just pulling my phone out of my pocket. And so far I've seen nothing to convince me that the watch will enhance my life in any meaningful way. Send a heartbeat? Really? The way they've been falling over themselves over this silly gimmick of a feature tells me that the watch isn't all that.
I think Huberty's prediction of 30 million units solid in the first year is a bit optimistic.  I have no doubt that the watch will do well in its first quarter or two.  But once the built-in market of early adopters is exhausted, I see sales falling dramatically.  I personally don't understand the wearables market.  It's pretty clear that consumers aren't really interested in wearables on a large scale.  Apple needs the watch to create a whole new tentpole for them if it...
Ha!  The coming generation doesn't have any interest in your flat Earth sky wizards.  They're too busy being interested in REAL things like science and technology.  You're a joke.
So gays are like pedophiles, murders and thieves?  Lovely.  The beauty of progress is that people like you are dying out.  Your flat Earth mythology is being abandoned.  Fewer and fewer people believe that crap anymore.  Especially young people.  You're losing.  And, frankly, it's pretty funny to watch you bigots trip all over yourself while the rest of the world moves forward toward the light.
The same reason some parents let their kids die instead of taking them to the doctor. Because sweet baby Jeebus said so.