or Connect

Posts by robbyx

I very much appreciate your dyi approach! I've considered adding an over the air antenna and some kind of media center pc to record programming but when I start going down that road, I think it would just be easier (not cheaper, but easier) to just get cable again, have one box, one interface, and keep it simple.
Interesting. I haven't looked at Slingbox in years. I've been hoping TV would get better for years now, that someone would come along with a different model. But I don't see much changing and am pretty close to going back to cable simply for the convenience. I Cut the cord years ago and it's been ok. I've definitely saved money. But I've greatly limited my choices and I can't just channel surf and randomly discover something new and interesting. I don't think anyone is...
There's nothing wrong with my statement. Sog35 is one of the forum trolls here who posts endless know-it-all condescending remarks. Doesn't matter which thread. Just read its comments. They're almost always rude, judgmental and self important. There are a handful of losers here who spend their days obsessing over the Apple Insider forums, jumping on every post they can, rarely adding anything of value, just constantly trying to assert that their view is the only correct...
Yes, occasionally I torrent. And yes, occasionally that means downloading sonething to my Mac so that I can (gasp!) watch it on Apple TV.
iTunes doesn't offer everything. It's funny how television used to be free because it was ad supported. And now they've convinced us to not only pay top dollar for TV service, but suffer through more and more advertising too. Twenty years ago an hour long show had about 10 minutes of commercials. Today it's 20+. I don't see the point in paying for TV if you can't skip commercials. You might. I don't. And that was my point about Apple's rumored service. As someone who...
Just honest. If neither Hulu nor Apple offer something I want to watch, I find it on torrent. I prefer to pay and obtain content legally. Not to mention its a lot less of a hassle to get it from iTunes or Hulu than search torrent. Now please show me where I said Apple's service was a rip off? You obviously can't read. Too busy casting judgement from your high horse and being your usual rude d-bag self.Since you obviously can't read, I said I'm not interested in paying...
Totally agree on the need or original content to make the service viable/interesting.  Although keep in mind that none of Netflix or Amazon's shows are exclusive to one device like "must have shows available only on Apple TV".  I can stream Netflix and Amazon to my TV directly (I don't, but I could) and pretty much every set-top box these days supports a variety of streaming services.  Netflix and Amazon want their content to be available on as many devices as possible....
Nothing confusing.  Sorry if it's too hard for you to follow.  My original comment had nothing to do with HOW I WATCH TV TODAY.  It was a comment on the rumored TV service from Apple and my comment stands.  I'm not going to pay $40+/month for limited programming with commercials.  At that price point, I'll just get cable and use a DVR, have more content than I could ever possibly care to watch, and I'll be able to skip commercials.  If Apple gives me a TV service without...
I don't pay my cable company for TV, just Internet.  I haven't paid for TV in over 5 years.  I use Hulu, buy a few shows from iTunes, and occasionally torrent things I can't get from either of those. To your two points, Mr. Know-It-All: 1)  I'm really not interested in jumping between multiple boxes and services to save a few dollars.  If I'm already subscribing to cable, I'll pay them for HBO.  But we're not talking about HBO anyway, since they are commercial free.  My...
But that content isn't exclusive.  I can get it from cable or DirecTV or Dish.  And all of them let me watch programs on my mobile devices.  There has to be something that makes Apple's service (or anyone else's, for that matter) more desirable.  Why pay for a subset of channels/programs offered on cable with mandatory advertising?  Yuck.  No thanks.  I'll just pay for cable and enjoy skipping commercials with a DVR.