or Connect

Posts by robbyx

I don't really feel the need to answer your post, question by question. I think my reply was pretty clear. I agree with the spirit of your post. But I think it's naive. Yes, I'm sure no one wants his or her wedding cake baked by someone who didn't want to do the job. Agreed. And in that context, your position seems harmless enough. But what if we're talking about a doctor who refuses to see black patients or a pharmacist who refuses to provide HIV drugs. You are flat out...
I didn't assume that. I simply said that taking a let the market decide approach opens the door to, for starters, "whites only" establishments.
Let me guess, you're a white, heterosexual, Christian man? Everything looks simple when you're in the power position. I agree with the spirit of your post on many levels. But I also think you're quite naive. What you're suggesting is a return to "whites only" establishments with the wildly optimistic belief that the "market" will punish the bigots. Businesses exist to serve the public good as much as to provide a livelihood for the owners and employees. If you don't...
Exactly. If we're on this forum, we're all nerdy enough to imagine all kinds of cool future gadgets. But today, and the foreseeable future, the Apple Watch is a watch. Apple went to great lengths to fit all of that technology into a tiny, stylish enclosure. I'm not particularly interested in it, but I wildly admire the design and technological innovation. They aren't doing all that hard work to later slap an iphone 6+ across our forearms.
No. I just have good taste. And no one with good taste is going to be wearing some weird armband watch. Wearables are not the future. They are a blip on our way to implants and embedded technology. Cyborg future awaits. Singularity is near.
No vision? He's absolutely right. If they wanted to make a "watch" with a big screen that covers your forearm, they could have (easily) done that already. They clearly went out of their way to make it watch size.The Apple Watch isn't going to evolve into some big screen weird watch-bracelet-phone that replaces everything. You don't need "vision" to realize that.
Or one could stop eating a bunch of crap and not get diabetes in the first place. But given that HALF of Americans will be diabetic or pre-diabetic in the next few years, I'd say that willpower is not our strength. We'd rather wait for technology to "fix" the problem while stuffing our faces.But I agree with your assessment. The more I see of the Watch, the more I like it. And I completely dismissed it at first. I still have no interest in one personally, but I think it...
And a white person who refuses service to a black person because of deeply held beliefs? We've already been there as a nation and we're not going back.
And what about an atheist business owner who doesn't want to bake a cake for a Christian bigot wedding? The law says that atheist business owner cannot refuse on the basis of the customer's religion. So someone who is offended by a specific religion is forced by the government to not discriminate but it's ok to let someone discriminate because of religion?
Wearables are not going to take over. Look at the success of the iPhone 6+. People want bigger screens in their pockets, not a tiny little postage stamp size screen on their wrist. I know the industry is looking for "the next big thing", but wearables are not it. No doubt they'll have a place in the accessory market, but we're not going to be talking into our watches Dick Tracy style.