or Connect

Posts by robbyx

Here's the thing. He already gets special treatment under the law. His CHOICE of religion gets him special treatment. When he goes into a bakery and orders a Christian wedding cake, the baker cannot say "sorry, I don't bake cakes for Christians." That illegal. The same "special treatment" he and others like him decry for gays is something they already enjoy.Let's assume for a moment that being gay is 100% a choice (which, for the record, I think is complete bull**** and...
The problem with this line of thinking is that one can't always assume that other options will be available. We'd be rolling back the clock over half a century and totally spitting on the legacy of civil riots pioneers if we allowed any business, corporate or mom and pop, to discriminate. We might not all like each other or believe the same things, but we can - and must! - be cordial and tolerant of each other's differences in the public sphere. That's what a civilized...
Simple. If you walk into my bakery and ask me to bake a cake for your Christian wedding, the law says I can't refuse to do so because of your religion. So if I'm being forced to bake your Christian wedding cake, you can be forced to bake my big fat gay wedding cake. Get it?
Wtf is wrong with you people? First, no self respecting gay person would EVER have a pizza wedding. Second, if you don't want to cater a gay wedding, tell them you're already booked. It's not that difficult to decline with tact. People do it every day for all sorts of reasons. A certain vocal Christian minority always needs to play the persecuted victim though. And this time it totally backfired. You don't need to throw your intolerant religion in someone's face as the...
Newsflash. We're NOT a Christian nation, no matter how much you theocrats wish otherwise. You object to equal rights for gay people because your magic manual from the sky wizard tells you to. If we lived in sky wizard land, that might hold weight. But we don't live in sky wizard land. We live in the United States, where church and state are wisely separated.What makes you think that you deserve special treatment? You want to live your life according to a book of...
And when you forget, you open the Amazon app and place an order. Why not create an Amazon favorites app with "buttons" for all of your frequently purchases items? My biggest gripe with these buttons is that they are a total waste of resources. I know, deciding what is a waste and what isn't is s very slippery slope. But seriously, a bunch of plastic plus whatever tech, batteries, etc is required to operate. Just to save you the trouble of opening an app on your smartphone...
Besides, it's not like these buttons help when you truly run out. Unless they feature Star Trek transporter technology. I love the convenience of ordering household supplies and consumables from Amazon. But I'm not so ridiculously lazy that I can't just grab my phone, open the shopping app, and order something I need.
If I apply your logic to the industry as a whole, clearly Microsoft has the most highly regarded UI designers on the planet because Windows is so popular.Jony has more than proven himself in industrial design. He deserves all of the respect he gets. He's earned it. But none of that makes him a good UI designer. He has not yet proven himself in that area. Personally I find his efforts (and yes, he has a team...but he is in charge; it's his vision) rather mediocre thus far.
Could not agree more! I love Apple's hardware design but I don't think Jony is doing a good job with UI. Designing a physical object is a lot different from designing an interface. In many respects, I think its a bad idea to have the same designer in charge of both hardware and UI. The person to whom you responded called Jony the most respected designer on the planet. And I think there's truth to that statement - when it comes to industrial design. But not UI. The jury...
I don't get it. Why not just have an Amazon Favorites app on your phone with all of the items you buy regularly. One tap and a new order is placed. Instead I'm supposed to stick stupid buttons around the house? What a waste of resources. More plastic for the ocean.