or Connect

Posts by robbyx

What does age have to do with the question?  Why pay for a service that doesn't allow you to skip commercials?  I'd rather just pay for cable and get a DVR.  Cable and satellite companies now all have ways to watch content on mobile devices if you're a subscriber, so there's no incentive to get a TV over the Internet service if you already have cable.  I don't think people who pay for cable or satellite will also subscribe to this service.  So that leaves "cord cutters"....
I'm only interested if it's commercial free. Otherwise, what's the point?
Great read.  Thanks for posting it.  I very much agree with the spirit of his piece.  I'm just not convinced that the Apple Watch (or any smart watch) will be the primary means of interacting with Internet-enabled things.  But perhaps wearables are a necessary step to get us to where we're going? In my opinion, it's all about voice control.  When I can walk into a room and say "lights at 50%" or "play the new Arctic Monkeys album" or "watch Walking Dead" or "set the oven...
Hmmmm....well, I don't spend a lot of time in any online forum, but I've never run across racist posts from him.  Condescending and judgmental, sure, but I haven't seen anything I'd call racist.  I think racist language would be grounds for banning him, as it should be.  That said, he certainly doesn't hold a monopoly on just being rude.  There are a few Apple-loving blowhards with tens of thousands of posts under their belts on here who are nothing but judgmental and...
I agree. I doubt the watch will see yearly updates. Updates will center around additional sensors, not a new processor.
Since when does thinking a product is a stinker = being a troll? I guess all you want to read here is an endless Apple love fest? He's entitled to think the watch won't do well. That doesn't make him a troll.I don't think it's going to do well either. I hoped the Monday event would reveal some new wow feature, but no such luck. There is no doubt a small market for people who want a really expensive fitness tracker and remote screen for the iPhone. But the watch is way...
I agree on time to charge. That's far more critical than battery life. As for sleep tracking, I don't even understand the point. What is it going to tell you? A friend is an acupuncturist and we were talking about the watch recently and wearables in general. She told me about a patient who came in freaking out because her wearable (Fitbit maybe?) told her that her sleep patterns were screwed up. She felt fine. She was getting good rest. But she was convinced something...
Ha.  Now I know you're just trolling.  In 50 years, self driving vehicles will be the norm.  500 years from now they will have been consigned to the dustbin of history.  If we're still around and not consigned with them, you can rest assured we won't be using cars for transportation.
I think that's optimistic. You can't compare planes to cars. There are so many more variables when you're talking about driving, the sheer number of other drivers alone being one of them. Whether it's 5 or 15 years away, the missing component is software that can adequately replace a human. Not there yet. No doubt it will come.
 It's not a fantasy at all.  It's a far-off reality.  The sensors, the manufacturing processes, materials, etc. all exist today.  The missing component is adequate AI.  It will come.  Give it another few decades.