or Connect

Posts by robbyx

I agree that shareholders shouldn't be concerned about Watch numbers at the moment.  That said, Apple hyped the Watch so much that it's understandable that shareholders, and even the general public, are interested in numbers.  A lot of people were expecting a big hit, maybe not iPhone big, but big nonetheless.  I'm curious why you think the category is worth pursuing, though?  I don't think smart watches will ever be a mainstream product category.  Wearables as a category...
I partly agree. I think it will be a long time before self driving cars are possible in many parts of the world, but I think that has more to do with the human drivers in those places and the lack of traffic rules and enforcement. As you said, reliability.But in the U.S., Europe, Japan, etc, I think self driving vehicles are very possible in all areas, not just the cities. If anything, dealing with rural highways will probably be easier as there are far fewer potential...
Everything is temporary. But we never go back. If anything, the man/machine integration of the future is going to be made possible by the narcissism of today.
Buy Tesla. Own the "gigafactory". Build all Apple device batteries in the U.S. Build cars in the U.S. Have a network of several thousand high speed charging stations already built out. Tesla and Apple have always seemed a compatible fit. If Apple is serious about cars, Tesla brings a lot more to the table than a partnership with BMW.
None of these Jobs movies much interest me. At this point, seriously, we know the stories, we know he could be a jerk. I don't see the point. The Jobs drama is more interesting to me, but I'll still probably wait for Netflix unless the overall consensus is brilliant.
They need the good sheeple to be afraid, to not understand that it is OUR actions, year after year, decade after decade, that not only created this "terrorist" problem but makes it worse every day. But it's profitable. Very profitable. So don't expect the narrative to change, much less for anyone in government to act sensibly.
I think he's referring to our policy of indiscriminate bombing and use of drones to ensure continued conflict and an endless supply of angry terrorists to keep our war machine profitable. Something like that anyway.
And you think it's going to get better? The surveillance state is here to stay.
Sometimes you can't quantify things so precisely. It's just a feeling. Especially if you're a long time customer. I agree with his assessment. New releases seem a lot shakier to me than in years past. Just today I was working in one user account with another logged in and Yosemite decided that both accounts just needed to logout simultaneously for no apparent reason. Cloud services continue to be Apple's Achilles heel. I have meta-data issues in iTunes all the time. I'm...
Not discounting your experience but I've had no issues with Yosemite. I've been a Mac and NeXT user for almost 35 years. Lots and lots of upgrades. And Yosemite was painless. I'm running it on my primary work machine (FileMaker developer). I've experienced no random restarts or anything else you describe, just solid performance. When performing a major upgrade, I usually do a clean install and migrate my data over from time machine. I think a lot of OS errors are the...