or Connect

Posts by robbyx

What's your point?  This has nothing to do with Apple or being "innovative."  Amazon's operations are in Washington State.  It is required to collect sales tax there.  California is now requiring all online merchants to collect sales tax I believe (correct me if I'm wrong).  Otherwise, out of state Amazon shoppers are not charged sales tax by Amazon.  They are required by law to pay sales tax to their respective states, but no one does (obviously).   Apple has...
I couldn't agree more. Election spending has jumped from 2 billion last year to 6 billion this year. It's disgusting. The last thing we need to do is feed the beast!Furthermore, these are FOREIGN profits. Apple pays its taxes in the US. All of its design, R&D, etc is done here. Its employees pay taxes here. It pays property taxes and generates sales tax revenue here - all over the country. Why is the US government entitled to a huge chunk of Apple's foreign earnings? ...
And they don't pay any taxes on the profits from the sale of those goods, right? The sale of those goods generates no sales tax either, right?
Too little, too late. But this is Microsoft after all and they're not afraid to pump cash into a loser...until it's a winner. The only reason I can think that anyone would buy this is because that person simply doesn't want an iPad. But give it a few revisions and that may no longer be the case. And let's not forget business customers. Yes, they embraced the iPad but they're almost all still running Windows on the desktop. Once Microsoft gives them a really well...
I'd say he got quite far. MacOS X is, at its core, NEXTSTEP. Why do you think everything in Xcode starts with NS? NeXT technology built iOS. NeXT was a decade+ ahead of anything else out there. It was also prohibitively expensive. They were stunning machines! Jobs was a true believer and he did everything he could to keep NeXT going, even shutting down his beloved hardware operation and transitioning to a software company. I sure would have liked to see the PPC NeXT...
I'm a bit on the fence about patents. There's a fine line between drawing from the creative pool and outright copying. We need standards, especially on the hardware side, but when it comes to user experience and how features are implemented, I think protection is deserved. For the most part, Apple is trying to protect its creative ideas whereas Samsung is going after hardware. LTE patents versus rubber-banding are two completely different issues. LTE benefits us all....
  Removed.  As a moderator, I would expect that you post a lot.  And frankly, if all someone does is sit in front of a computer and post condescending comments all day, then yes, I do think that person needs to get a life.  It's not my intention to cause turmoil here.  As you can see, I rarely post.  I just read the articles.  But I don't appreciate being talked down to like I'm an ignorant child with zero reading comprehension skills either.  I also happen to live in the...
  I'm sorry, but business doesn't work this way.  If you're buying a house, do you just pay market value?  No, you make an offer.  If you're leasing commercial space, do you just sign on the dotted line?  No, you negotiate.  If you're interviewing for a job, do you just take what they offer?  Or do you tell them what you need to become part of their team?   Apple has every right to seek out a deal that benefits them financially.  After all, they are bringing jobs to the...
  Oh really?  Then I suppose you don't claim any deductions on your personal tax returns, right?  I'm not married.  Are you?  Do you get a break because you chose to get married?  I don't have kids either.  Do you get a break because you chose to have kids?  Do you own a home?  Are you getting a mortgage deduction?  Doesn't seem fair to the people who rent, does it?
I live in the area (Tahoe) and fully support Apple coming to Reno.  Reno is in desperate need of major change.  We need new industries here, new businesses, new types of businesses.  If Apple's data center helps to draw more technology companies to Reno, the long-term benefit will be far greater than any calculation can currently measure.  Reno is a short 1 hour flight from the SF bay area and the Reno airport is a dream.  There is also endless outdoor recreation within...