or Connect

Posts by robbyx

Me too. I always wondered why 3DKit was abandoned.
Tricked??? Are you high? Apple pretty much saved the music industry from its own ignorance, greed and shortsightedness. The TV/film industry is just alienating more and more viewers at this point by making it hard to get content. Sorry guys, but 99% of your content is crap and many of us refuse to pay $100/month for content we don't want. I disconnected cable two years ago and haven't missed it. And if the studio bozos won't put it on Hulu or iTunes, I'm fine with...
Give me a break. No one has been insensitive. Stating the obvious isn't being insensitive. He was obese. That's obvious from photos. No doubt a great guy who will be hugely missed, but we shouldn't be afraid to address the WHY. Americans have become so incredibly fearful. We're afraid to talk about anything serious lest we offend. If Olivier's passing and subsequent discussion of why a 41 year old drops dead leads others to change their ways and live healthier lives,...
I saw one of these banners this morning and, honestly, it just makes no sense. There's nothing clever or captivating about the campaign. It's just rather bizarre and nonsensical. I can see why Microsoft wants to take a jab at Apple pricing, but I don't feel these ads accomplished their goal in the least. Just weird. You'd think by now that Microsoft might try a different ad agency or a completely different approach, but they clearly lack the vision. Shocker.
I recently purchased a new Mac Mini to replace my Apple TV. Since I won't be using iLife on the Mini (just Front Row, plus Plex and maybe a few other media center apps), I'd like to install iLife09 on my MacBook Pro. Unfortunately, the DVD does not allow for installation on another computer. Does anyone know how to install iLife09 using another machine's restore DVD? I've tried copying the apps, but that doesn't work. I've also tried extracting the installers...
Generally speaking, I find FileMaker upgrades to be a total rip-off, save the jump to version 7. They introduce a few nice new features, then charge more than 50% to upgrade. Improvements are modest at best, yet users pay again and again and again. This time around, however, I think FileMaker has delivered a very worthwhile upgrade. Script Triggers are almost worth buying the program again at full price. I've spent so much time writing scripted data entry solutions...
My guess is that the poster - and others - want to CUT and PASTE a file, ie: move it.
I agree completely. I so miss the shelf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And LocalApps, NetworkApps, LocalLibrary, NetworkLibrary, etc. It worked so well!!! NeXT was way ahead of its time. I still miss my slick Turbo station. What a beauty!!! And while OS X is a pretty awesome OS at this point, I wish we hadn't lost so much of the NeXT UI. I still prefer the menu block, with tear-away menus, to Apple's menu bar any day. And I really liked how the dock was for apps and...
And HOW LONG have we been waiting for this? Sheesh. NEXTSTEP's Workspace Manager was already Cocoa...before Cocoa was Cocoa. Why didn't they just build on that in the first place? My Finder Wishlist: 1. An end to all the hangs when dealing with servers and shared folders!!! 2. A system-wide tagging architecture 3. The ability to browse documents and data using a tag cloud Good riddance, Carbon.
The web should be OPEN, not proprietary. Apple recognizes this. Maybe if Adobe open-sourced Flash, there'd be more interest. Otherwise, I don't think it's ever going to happen. And that's just fine with me. As the web becomes increasingly mobile, developers will have no choice but to move away from Flash to open standards. And, frankly, show me one Flash site that isn't bloated, slow, and, in the end, a waste of time. Sure, all of that nifty interactivity is cool,...