or Connect

Posts by robbyx

Oh spare me the moral argument from your high horse. It's tiresome. There are plenty of things that are illegal that are worthy of discussion. Did you know that until pretty recently it was illegal (on paper) for an interracial couple to be married in some US states? I guess no one should have talked about that and just kissed the government's ***, right? And as we work to legalize marijuana across the country, I guess everyone should just shut up and stop talking about...
Nice to see someone who gets it. I'd pay $100+/month for a service with fewer "channels" that are commercial free. Offering a commercial free solution is how you differentiate yourself and give your customers something better. Otherwise you're just another cable provider. And if viewers can't skip commercials like they can with cable and a DVR, the service is even less compelling.
True. Because I'm not going to let these two forum troll bullies go unchallenged. But Im done now. I've been reading this site for many many years and it used to be a fun place to exchange thoughts and ideas. Not so much anymore.
Oh geez. Apple is lucky to have customers like me. Ones who have been buying product for over 30 years. Ones who make their living using Apple products. Ones who write software for Apple OSes. Ones who have converted other businesses to Apple products. You know nothing about me.Now get over your self important self. I said I'm not paying to watch commercials. That doesn't make the service a rip off. A rip off suggests that something is more expensive than it should be. I...
Crying all the way to the bank. I personally saw a lot more interest in the iPad than I have in the Watch so far. It'll be interesting. Either they legitimize the wearables market or prove, once and for all, that consumers aren't interested in the category.
For the last time, I said I'm not going to jump between multiple boxes and services. As I explained earlier, apple TV is one box. It's like chsnging channels between Netflix and Hulu and apple and whatever else. But you know this. And you ignore my comments and keep beating me over the head with your perceived contradiction. What's your problem? Why are you such a jerk? I offered a reasonable opinion about a rumored TV service and because you don't agree with my point...
I very much appreciate your dyi approach! I've considered adding an over the air antenna and some kind of media center pc to record programming but when I start going down that road, I think it would just be easier (not cheaper, but easier) to just get cable again, have one box, one interface, and keep it simple.
Interesting. I haven't looked at Slingbox in years. I've been hoping TV would get better for years now, that someone would come along with a different model. But I don't see much changing and am pretty close to going back to cable simply for the convenience. I Cut the cord years ago and it's been ok. I've definitely saved money. But I've greatly limited my choices and I can't just channel surf and randomly discover something new and interesting. I don't think anyone is...
There's nothing wrong with my statement. Sog35 is one of the forum trolls here who posts endless know-it-all condescending remarks. Doesn't matter which thread. Just read its comments. They're almost always rude, judgmental and self important. There are a handful of losers here who spend their days obsessing over the Apple Insider forums, jumping on every post they can, rarely adding anything of value, just constantly trying to assert that their view is the only correct...
Yes, occasionally I torrent. And yes, occasionally that means downloading sonething to my Mac so that I can (gasp!) watch it on Apple TV.