or Connect

Posts by rain

I remember reading somewhere a while back that it takes roughly the same amount of energy to produce a laptop as it does a small car. Crazy eh. Not hard to belive when you consider all the different components that go into a laptop, all the shipping from around the world and so on. Yet, computer companies don't have the same restrictions that automobile manufactures have when it comes to manufacturing and recycling. So I do agree that we should step up pressure on...
I think these numbers are wrong. I think the entire way of calculating 'Market share' is wrong. Imagine Apple computers are diesel Volkswagons, and PC's are Ford Festiva's. When you buy the VW, you know that car is going to last 15 years plus. The Ford on the other hand, will be dead after 4 years. This means the Ford buyer will be buying on average, 3 vehicles to the one VW. Since market share is mostly based on sales, does this mean Ford has 3 times the market share?...
Must be a slow news day... like seriously?
I wonder what sort of DRM they are putting on this release? Probably have to send a DNA sample, encoded through a kryptonic supliferous sproket inversion gizmondo doo dad... ... and thats just to register, I won't even get started on what it will take to get to the Authorization area... and then the Serial number... oh... and then the Activation... and who knows what after that. So after a few months, you can use the software you bought (or am i thinking of Quark?)
I agree the colors are weak. I'd like to see the following colors in the Aluminum... Midnight blue Sunset Orange Charcoal Silver Sage green Pink... for the real men... lol The colors are too bright. I'd like to see something a little more natural looking. Something that blends into your clothing, and doesn't scream "HEY LOOK... I'M WEARING AN IPOD'. That could be where M$ is going with the Brown Zune, however, they should have picked up a Pantone book first and picked a...
Installed the update (combo). After it rebooted, HDD went nuts, and still is... a process 'mdimport' is crunching away like crazy. Photoshop works fine. When the HDD stops working, i'll repair permissions (which I was told you should always do, by the guru's here), and then restart and watch my baby sing.
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS repair permissions. There are a couple buttons to push when you open Disk Utility... One that says 'repair permissions', and one that says 'Initialize Disk'. I think your friends must of pushed the wrong button. I'll leave it to the pro's here to explain why you always SHOULD repair permissions.
Apple is just offering an olive branch here... I doubt WalMart will accept any reasonable deal. Remember, WalMart makes Microsoft look like a mom and pop shop. WalMart has the power to buy Apple outright and explode it for kicks if it wanted. They are not affraid of bullying Apple. I think Apple would be better off starting their own studio then dealing with WalMart. Besides, how many people who shop at WalMart would buy an Apple product... not many at all is my guess....
Woo hoo... slowly going back to hard programming. I will always stand on my position that the Commodore 64 was the best personal computer ever. I used one for 11 years and NEVER lost work to a crash, or 'Application suddenly quit'. Eventually, we will have computers with no moving parts at all.
I would have to agree with this assessment. It's about making sure Apple doesn't get to a place where AAC is the household name, like MP3. When you start seeing AAC built into micro systems and on DVD players etc... (little stickers on hardware) then Apple truly ownes the market; and they are not there yet. M$ needs to circumvent Apple from reaching that level of success. Most people still think in MP3, the iPod is still referred to as an "MP3 player". With billions of...