or Connect

Posts by ecs

Although it seems a poor-in-facts story, I must say I find the iPad weight too heavy for wearing it the whole day. Its weight falls not too far away of the Macbook Air, with the difference that the MBA runs OSX. On the other hand, the iPad Mini is much lighter, and you can wear it with you comfortably. With these two offerings, I find the iPad Mini much more comfortable for wearing it with you. If you hold both on your hands, you'll realize what I'm talking about. Of...
  It's ridiculous if, and only if, you don't care about SSD. But if you really want pure SSD on your desktop, and you're forced to pay 3000 euros for an iMac with 768GB SSD, then you obviously won't buy it, because that price point belongs to the Mac Pro, and yes, you get a Mac Pro with SSD for that price (maybe you'd have to buy a third-party SSD to get the final Mac Pro price below 3000 euros, but you can get it).   So, yes, my complaint is that Apple isn't supporting...
Yes, cool design, and nice pricing too, but, unfortunately, they chose to not support pure SSD (except for the 768GB SSD option, which is a joke).   The Mac Mini was almost perfect: Good CPU, good pure SSD (256GB), and good RAM (16GB). But with a bad GPU. So I cannot justify its purchase.   The iMac fixes the Mac Mini weakness by adding a good GPU, but unfortunately drops the 256GB SSD option, so I won't buy it either (yes, I know Fusion well, and no thanks, I...
  Yes, one fan, because I don't really need a Mac Pro elephant. What I actually want is an iMac without the display and with proper cooling. Put the most complete iMac configuration into a moderately sized cube, and you won't need more than a big high-quality silent fan to keep it cool at intense CPU/GPU work.   Problem is that Apple, with the only exception of the Mac Pro, doesn't seem interested in cool (I mean cool thermal-wise) machines, maybe because if they run hot,...
  You never used a thin Mac for anything other than net surfing, right?   1- Pick some music that has some dBA level. Either heavy metal, punk, or Aqua's Barbie Girl will work fine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbie_Girl)   2- Use big, full, earphones, and listen to such music at high volume (but take care of your eardrums, please).   3- Start "The Sims 3" in your brand-new ultra-thin Mac (if you pretend you're not a gamer, you can say you run a render job in Maya if...
All these issues about management changes and "racing" to improve Maps, were caused by Apple, and Apple only. If they had hold Maps until it was ready to beat Google, none of these problems would happen. But no, they had to publicly prove how stupid they're. Well, now, pay for it. This "racing" won't help the final quality of Maps either. And all of this is just because of the current Microsoft-thinking style of nowadays Apple ("we know what you need better than you do,...
  I believe Apple isn't doing it right in the cooling design lately. Their consumer Macs, in the quest for making it thinner than thin, lack proper cooling for intense CPU/GPU use, and such use can have a negative impact on the machine lifetime. On the other hand, the Mac Pro has room for good cooling. That's nice, but the problem with fans is that they're a mechanical part, so they get noisier with age, and of course they can fail.   I'd prefer a cube-shaped Mac, with...
Finally, an interesting rumor!!! (I was quite bored of iOS rumors)   I'd like to have a new Mac Pro with as few mechanical parts as possible (no HD, fan-less PSU... and if the whole computer can be designed with just one fan, better than two).
  I'll put it clearer just in case it wasn't understood:   1- New Mac Pro with cube form factor 2- New Mac Pro with cube form factor 3- New Mac Pro with cube form factor  
  That's no longer the case:   1- The new 2012 Mac Mini has serious HDMI bugs (likely hardware bugs related to the HD4000) and Apple doesn't look too interested in fixing it. A big number of new Mini owners are quite upset about this bug, and others are holding their purchase as you can see in quite a few threads at Apple Discussions (Mac Mini forum).   2- The iMac... well, there's no iMac to begin with. And, once it's released, it will first need to be proven that the...