or Connect

Posts by ecs

That's no longer the case:   1- The new 2012 Mac Mini has serious HDMI bugs (likely hardware bugs related to the HD4000) and Apple doesn't look too interested in fixing it. A big number of new Mini owners are quite upset about this bug, and others are holding their purchase as you can see in quite a few threads at Apple Discussions (Mac Mini forum).   2- The iMac... well, there's no iMac to begin with. And, once it's released, it will first need to be proven that the...
The three most needed core product launches:   1- New Mac Pro 2- New Mac Pro 3- New Mac Pro
From a user point of view, having several Maps apps is a loss of time and also increases the risk of cluttering. The way Apple should have fight against Google Maps is exactly the way they dropped PowerPC: They only released Intel support when it was 100% ready and it matched all the 100% of functionality of the PowerPC versions. For maps, they should have followed the same approach: develop Apple Maps in secret, until it matches -or surpasses- the 100% of Google Maps...
  That's not a really satisfactory alternative. Otherwise, iOS wouldn't need to be an operating system, but just a browser, as all apps would run through the browser if it was as satisfactory as you seem to suggest.
Very good news. Apple shouldn't have released Maps until it was ready for competing with Google Maps outside the US. Apple has made more mistakes these last months than in the whole history of the company. Said that, I wish that Apple Maps arrives to a great status, but in the mean time allow us to use Google Maps.   Really good news to know Google Maps is almost ready!!
If every smart UI idea is going to be patented, the game is over. Small developers cannot play this. The future of software and apps is Apple, Google and Microsoft.  The rest of us, mere mortals, better go to a farm and start planting tomatoes and potatoes (while using patented farm-management apps from Apple, Google, and Microsoft). I'm not a communist, nor a leftist (I'm more on the right), but all this patent flow is starting to make me really upset.
Nice to have iMac rumors, but what I really miss in this moment is the new Mac Pro. It was said to be coming in 2013, but we know nothing about it. It's fine that Apple is releasing cool looking products with somewhat difficult assembly, but, in the mean time, please announce a new machine designed for intense CPU and GPU use. Please Apple announce the new Mac Pro soon.
  Affordable SSD sizes have been dropped not only from the 21'' iMac, but also the 28'' iMac, leaving the whole iMac line without reasonable SSD options. Then, no wonder the Fusion is the way to go, if you drop all the affordable SSDs.   Honestly, I'm waiting for the new Mac Pro (because the Mac Mini lacks a good GPU, and the iMac lacks reasonable SSDs, includes a monitor -I already have a couple of good monitors here-, and  its thin enclosure doesn't look designed for...
  No, SSD isn't expensive. In fact, it's way affordable, as of today, even with Apple pricing. Just some numbers, from a SSD supplier on Europe:   128 GB SSD Samsung -> 110 euro 256 GB SSD Samsung -> 200 euro 512 GB SSD OCZ Vertex4 -> 420 euro (there're also very interesting prices for models in the 300GB range but I cannot find them now)   Add about 100 euro to those prices, and you'd get what Apple would ask you for such products:   128 GB SSD -> about 210 euro 256 GB...