or Connect

Posts by ecs

I'm afraid you don't know what you're talking about. Do you really mean videogames would have evolved faster if the first platform game was patented? Really? Please take a look at what wikipedia has to say about the history of platform-games ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platform_game ), and then reconsider if what you say makes sense (btw, many platform-games from the 80s were very bad copies/clones of previous games, without adding any innovation to the game they...
  The same can be said for platform-based videogames. However, the guy who did the first platform game didn't patent the "platform game interaction" (which by the way was a creative solution, not obvious at the time of creation).   Thanks to the first platform game not being patented, the platform game concept evolved, introducing more and more innovations. If it had been patented, that wouldn't be possible, and we wouldn't know the games we know today.
  Well, it was a typo, but not far from reality, because I kind of sell/rent Apple costumes.
We're arriving to a point where independent developers won't be able to design and implement new GUIs by adding their innovation and contribution to the previous innovation of older developments. Shocking thing that the current Apple products build their innovation on the unpatented work of others. Apple innovations are awesome, but patents forbid others to do what Apple did on the past (innovate over the work of others).   And no, I'm not a Samsung fan, and yes I'm...
  No problem, I see it right that companies copy each other, because they'll copy each other anyway (they exchange patents like if it was a cards game). I said the patents system no longer protects the one with low resources, and that's what I think. Don't lose the time with this supposedly war, which is no war, nor justice, it's just a cards game. They're playing poker, that's it.   The problem here is that they can play poker, but any independent developer wishing to...
I care very little about these legal wars between big companies. Today they do a big show, like if they were playing the World Cup final or something. Tomorrow they forget the match, they come to a intellectual property agreement, and it's like if nothing happened.   The current IP system clearly protects big companies. Intelectual property was created to protect the small businesses, as well as individual inventors with little resources. However, it ended up working...
I know this is an old thread, but I was collecting images of the late 2010 MBA logic board and find this one...   ...and, if I'm not mistaken, the CPU and GPU have been incorrectly labeled here.   This is the image from this review: http://photos.appleinsider.com/2010MBA.006.jpg (this image appears at page #3 of the review)   And this one is from the iFixIt teardown of the same...
While vector graphics are an advantage over bitmaps, however, most users use the satellite image view, because it lets you identify areas more clearly. So, I'm sorry to say this, but if you want to sell a maps tool, make your marketing over satellite images, not maps, because you won't convince anybody with maps no matter if they're vector or bitmaps.   Also, streetview is no longer a "cool" feature, but a must-have one. Many architects, engineers, and artists, use...
I hope AppleInsider makes a quick abstract of all this Samsung-Apple stuff when the series end. I didn't read any episode and, looking at the number of them, I'm afraid I missed some cool stuff here.
It's interesting to see this upgrade in the base configuration, but my problem with the new MBP is its weight. Last year I moved to my MBA because I needed a light laptop (I was hurting my back, serious). Yes, the new MBP is lighter than the older one, but it still weighs double a MBA. I'm happy with the performance of my late-2010 MBA, and it's certainly the best purchase I've made these years, but I hope they don't leave the MBA for netbook use in the future, because I...