or Connect

Posts by ecs

Yes, that's my feeling also. But it would be rare and risky if there's no configuration below $3000. And, honestly, I don't know how they could achieve that. They said "up to 12 cores", so it means they can save some money by putting a less powerful CPU in the entry model. However, "dual GPU" was announced as "standard", so this means the entry model will also have 2 GPUs. And it seems all models will have SSD storage. In other words, the entry model will feature a basic...
It can be improved: it's not thin enough.
 While that's a point too, it's not what I meant. I meant why should you pay for a builtin display if you want a midrange (where a "midrange" is the highest configuration below Xeons). And the reason is clear: even if you bought a great display last year, you've to get yet another new display if you want a midrange Mac, because that's the way Apple scales their product line. Problem is that most users who want to get a new midrange Mac, have a great display already. And...
And then there's people who say StreetView is scary...
Nope. The display in the iMac is used to scale all the desktop product line: If the iMac had low performance specs, its price should be low, and Apple wouldn't be able to justify a higher price by adding a display. OTOH, if the iMac had no display, it would be nonsense to ask $2500 for an i7 with a good GPU and SSD. It's the display what lets Apple ask $2500 for that configuration.So, Apple scales the desktop product line by making the midrange machine an AIO. If you want...
I believe the iMac AIO concept is outside what the market demands nowadays, but I've no idea if I'm the person you mention. Anyway, your solution doesn't fix the problem: if you have a relatively new and big display already (and many folks have it because it's been one of the trends these years), the only way of not throwing it away is to use it for dual head. Being forced to get a new display when you have a (perhaps) greater one is nonsense nowadays.It's also nonsense to...
The problem is the display. In these years of economic crisis, people return to the (wise) behavior of not throwing away stuff that works. If you bought an awesome display two years ago, why should you replace it if you want a powerful Mac? The options for a display-less Mac are either the Mini (with lower specs than the iMac) or the Mac Pro (usually priced to another market segment). Going for a "low cost" iMac will be just a Mac Mini with an attached display, and that...
This is good. I won't buy it because I'm waiting for the Mac Pro, as I need a more powerful machine this time and without monitor, but nonetheless I'm very happy with this announce and I hope it will sell well (I believe so, as it has nice configurations, including 512GB SSD).
 I understand, but, from what I see, it seems AI is more biased towards iOS than the market reality. Other rumor sites tend to post more Mac rumors and news than AI. Given that I use iOS as my pocket device, it's nice to read some stuff about iOS from time to time, but my work is number crunching, and so I'm interested in computers. As a result, some other rumor sites post some barely interesting Mac stuff from time to time. But AI is just iOS, and iOS is already on my...
I'm really disappointed this rumor isn't a headline in AI main page. At the time of writing this, all headlines from the first page are meaningless. This rumor would bring to the AI index some of the interest it used to have.