or Connect

Posts by ecs

I've been reading these months that Lion is faster than 10.6.x. However, the rumor saying Lion will ship next week, says Apple has told stores to upgrade RAM in their showroom machines. This makes me think that it will take more to boot, and be "heavier" than 10.6.x. If it's heavier, I won't upgrade, because 10.6.x is very efficient with the RAM I have. In that case I prefer to hold 10.6.x and wait until I buy another Mac on the future. Thanks!!
Users of Macbook Pros are in great love with their machines, and it's understandable because Macs are nice machines, and because MBPs are not cheap. In every upgrade of the MBA, I've noticed that most of the FUD against the MBA (ie: "it's just a netbook useless for real work") has been from MBP owners. I'm very sure that the MBA is the future of the laptop industry. Jobs thinks the same, and Intel too. Once you have an MBA on your hands, and you realize you can...
Hi, I do all my current work in a late-2010 Macbook Air, and I'm very satisfied with it, but I also have an old 20-inch iMac G5 (with 1.5GB RAM) which I bought brand-new on 2005. I noticed it has become more noisy over the years, but I opened it and I saw that the motherboard is in great condition (no blown capacitors, so it seems I got a good-quality unit). The air intakes were full of dirt, so I cleaned it and it's noticeably less noisy now (but still more noisy...
I agree the Macbook Air form factor is the future of computing, because once you use one for some time, you realize how comfortable it is to have a computer like that, and when you go back to a weightier computer you feel it as a step backwards... you miss the Air. So, yes, the market will demand the Air form factor soon, no matter how hard MBP users try to think otherwise However, this form factor is only useful if it has software, and I'm afraid a transition from Intel...
I understand your point, mstone, and I agree with your comments. I agree about the minimal UI concept. I didn't mean the Mac UI must be gaudy. It has never been gaudy, but, however, whenever you saw a Mac screenshot in the past, you saw a very special design signature on it. Let's be clear: most of the dudes who wish to install OSX on VMWare on their PCs wish so just because they are intrigued by the Aqua look. It's not a gaudy look, it's a very attractive look.I'm sorry,...
The Security pane is not relevant, because it has almost none UI controls, so there's not a big change from standard Aqua. If you want to 'feel Lion", take a look at the new "Speech" pane. This is how it looked in a UI which had a character: Now, these are the "new" Lion looks. Honestly, this could be an screenshot from a current Gnome release: Call it elegance if you wish. I don't feel it's elegant. I feel it's Gnome. Honestly, I don't like this new UI. Well, maybe it's...
The iCal leather texture is quite nonsense, but it's the only "eye-opener" stuff I've seen in Lion screenshots to date. I don't like it, but if Lion is going to be a common off-the-shelf UI with the same look as any modern UI, without character, at least I hope they keep that texture in the final Lion release. So, it will be a dull UI, but you'll have iCal for not falling asleep. That's better than nothing.Maybe it was time for getting rid of capsule-shaped controls,...
Conspiracy? What conspiracy? I use Linux, as well as OSX, and I've used both Gnome and Aqua a lot, so I can say Aqua has always been of higher quality than Gnome. And I can also say that these Lion screenshots remember me a lot (a really lot) of Gnome. I don't see a conspiracy. I see a copy of Gnome. Period. The only reason why it isn't Gnome is because Aqua is a very big development, and trashing the looks doesn't completely trash the UI, because Aqua is more than the...
So... hmm... what's the latest planned release date for OSX-Gnome ^H^H^H^H^H Lion? (just asking for knowing when will the audience say "look he uses Linux!" whenever I use a display projector in a room)
The problem is not graying the UI. You can take Aqua and make it look incredibly good in grayscale if you wish. So, the problem is not gray vs color... the problem is that they're copying Gnome. To those who say that Aqua needed to evolve... so... do you believe the evolution was in the direction of Gnome with a grain of MS Windows? That's not my idea of evolution. OS 9 to OSX was evolution (true, a lot of OS 9 users were unhappy with Aqua, but nobody questioned...