or Connect

Posts by ecs

Yes, people expecting below-$2500 prices aren't doing the math: If you put the price of a new generation Xeon, plus two new gen AMD boards, plus flash storage which is much faster than the newest SSDs, plus very fast RAM... I hate to tell this, but I cannot see all of this fitting below 3K. But I hope the entry isn't at 5K either. The closer they approach to 5K, the closer they'll get to the G4 cube failure. The more they approach 2K in the entry model, the more the'll...
I feel very strange. Very strange. I've been bashing iToys for years. I bashed the new iMac as well. And the new Mac Mini too...   ...but...   Today... I can only say I love this new machine...   Apple, congratulations, this is the desktop I wanted, and I believe it's exactly the desktop the performance-demanding market wants. Now don't miss it with a wrong price, please. Either surprise us with an unbeatable price, or make it scalable so that there's an...
I want one. Really excited about this. It has everything I wanted: good CPU, good GPU, standard SSD, and looks to be silent, it seems there're few fans there. Hopefully it won't get high temps at full load. I want one.
Finally, a true Apple keynote, after too many months of iOS routine.
Don't confuse terms, please. Patents are the nowadays equivalent to the "business" of Vito Corleone. It's just business. Apple and Samsung can do business, because they're big "families". Every few years there're wars between "families", but they're "men of honour" and finally come to "reasonable" peace in their business. Now don't confuse your position in the business. You're like a small shop owner: Corleone will be pleased to "help" you, but don't dare to play the...
I don't understand this. Developers are told to focus their testing on graphics, and none of the changes are related to graphics. There're quite a few things to improve on Mac graphics, so it's disappointing there're no news on this after it was a test focus...
Does this mean that I'll finally be able to transfer data between iOS and OSX in a simple way, just like you were allowed to do in previous OSX releases with non-iOS phones?
As a professor, I can say the only way to teach with computers is to either teach from the back of the classroom -where you can see all screens- or to disable Internet (the later quite difficult because nobody at our school ever thought the Internet could be an annoyance when teaching)
Kuo, Kuo, Kuo... how different our tastes are. You like investment, money, and popular markets. I like the Mac, and computers in general. If the world was just two islands, I'm sure we'd choose a different one. Oh Kuo...
So you need to be an experienced professional photographer in order to use a DSLR, but you just need a few training weeks to use an iPhone? I thought the camera isn't what makes a photographer. Welcome to the "post-Mac" era. People who don't understand why I hate the "post-Mac" Apple so much, will realize in the coming years. Microsoft, in their most arrogant years, was like Bambi compared to the "post-Mac" Apple.