or Connect

Posts by ecs

My feelings exactly. For all users who want a discrete GPU and a custom screens setting, the only thing Apple has to say is "buy a Mac Pro". It's nonsense to force you to buy a Xeon if you don't want an "all in one".   An iMac without screen, please...
Does this mean NVIDIA doesn't have any remarkable new release before 2016? This must be a joke, we even don't know what computers we'll be using by 2016...
I don't know what planet do this thread posters live in, but Whatsapp is the only message service used by all people I know. Even more popular than FB. And twitter is used by a minority. But Whatsapp, everybody uses it, take a subway, and several people are using it on the train. But I really hope this comes to an end, because it's clear Whatsapp is too worried about getting great cash income, and this is bad for users. I hope some alternative will be used by the same...
  It would be really tempting to do so. But there're more reasonable options (not from Apple, though).
I need an iMac without display and with better cooling than the iMac.
This isn't a problem for Google. They can pay the patent, and in case they couldn't, then they can change the codec they use in a very short timeframe because they've the resources to do so.   It is a problem for small developers, though. The motivation behind patents is protecting individual inventors. But it's become the opposite: a market for buying and selling IP, where none of the parties have nothing to do with inventors.   Patents should be bound to the...
How do these apps access user data if you don't let such apps access it? Even google maps requires user explicit permission to access the current location. I've no idea what this article is about.
The only reason why this would make sense is maintaining the Mac Pro pricing policy in a level high enough where desktop users cannot afford it and only a "niche" can buy it. Then call the Mac a niche market. Last year Apple said the fusion drive was released because SSD was expensive. However, reality is that you can buy 512GB SSD drives at really affordable prices that any home user can afford. Maybe that's the reason why SSD starts at 768 GB on the iMac, in order to...
You didn't read my post. I wrote a (quite incomplete) list of typical tasks you do on a Mac but cannot be done on iPad in a reasonable way. Regarding compilers, I'd be very interested in knowing how do you build an iOS app from iOS (no, that's not my main argument, but you said it's possible to do it, so please tell how...)
It is popular because of social networks, Internet browsing, and simple media apps. But, when it comes to any real computer work (beginning with code compiling, and extending to most stuff you can do on a Mac), the iPad cannot be used for that.