or Connect

Posts by iGrant

FYI... REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public next month. REMINDER.... All cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls. .......... YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS Even if the message is saved on your phone, you will be charged for the minutes to listen to it. To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222 . It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only...
Hey unfortunately I do not think there are drivers for what you have and you really can not just buy a PCI anything for a Mac unless it specifically says it is compatabile with it. I would recommend going to like www.macsales.com and looking there. They have great customer service and they really know what they are talking about. Brand wise, I would recommend Sonnet, I have used them for SATA PCI cards, USB 2.0 Cards and they were plug and play, I did not have to add any...
I would go with Epson, I currently am still using the R200, which is a few years old but it still works like a dream. I love Epson printers, great quality! Welcome to AI! -iGrant
Hello I have a Power Mac G5 and I was wondering if I'd could take high density ram??? Thanks iGrant
Strange, I have not noticed that, what size of the iPod Touch do you have?-iGrant
I just noticed now that on my iPod Touch, when I switch between tabs in Safari, my content now stays, it does not go to a white screen and then reload anymore. I like that alot, saves a lot of time waiting for stuff to load . . . -iGrant
Thanks for the info, but I am not ripping dvds, I am editing tv shows that I record that are in mpeg4 format and then encoding them to h.264 format. I know when I do that on my current machine which is a 1.6Ghz Power Mac G4, it runs with the cpu at 100% pretty much the entire time. -iGrant
Thank you for your reply, however will the mac mini over heat when I encode video? Also I worry about upgrade ability, with the Power Mac G5, I know I can upgrade the ram to at least 4gb and I if I get the Sonnet Jive unit for the G5, I could have 5 sata hard drives, where as with the Core Duo Mac Mini, I will be limited to firewire 400 external hard drives, not even firewire 800. Still my main concern is over heating, I know how small the Mac Mini is.ThanksiGrant
Hi I am looking to get another mac to do some basic video editing and encoding. All the editing is going to be done in the mpeg4 format and once the video has been edited I am going to encode the video into H.264. My question is which will be better A Power Mac Dual 1.8Ghz G5 or a Mac Mini Core 2 Duo? I am looking for stable set up that can handle encoding video for a few hours at a time. I am leaning towards the Power Mac Dual G5 because of how much more cooling it...
I have had a really great experience with Leopard so far. I admit, the folders surprised me, that I was not expecting, however, everything is great. I have used it on my Macbook for 4 days now, I have only restarted once for a software update, and I have not experienced any problems yet. I am constantly running about 10 apps all at once and switching between them with spaces, and I have not even had one crash on me yet. I know some other people have not had the same...