or Connect

Posts by IHateScreenNames

Thank you for your kind and enlightening response.My thoughts differ.If I want to listen to Taylor Swift I can tune to my local pop radio station and hear her, likely in a short while, followed by other pop music. Or, I can go to Apple Music, enter her name and listen to her immediately followed by other pop music. These two models sound similar.The local station pays licensing fees to play music, so does Apple Music. ASCAP (and others) have complex methods to determine...
I think you may have misread my post. I was asking why streaming was bad for the artist, as FreeRange is saying. You listed a bunch of reasons why it's good for the listener, and I agree.hillstones says more money is paid by terrestrial radio, but I can't find anything that clearly states that. The methods used to figure out licensing rates for terrestrial radio are varied enough and have many levels so it is unclear how much an artist earns when their song is played (and...
How is this model worse than having their music played on terrestrial radio, which is a similar all-you-can-eat plan and doesn't cost the listener any money?
Is Garth Brooks still contractually obligated to release his music through Walmart? Maybe that contract causes a problem for him to do things in new, different ways.
There is an update to the app today that says it adds Siri control to individual dimmers and switches. I hope this addresses the issue I have of not being able to use Siri to turn a light on. If it's already on Siri can adjust brightness and turn it off. It's a little frustrating. However, the parts that work work very well and very fast. When I ask Siri to dim a light it happens almost immediately and before Siri even has a chance to respond. So far I like the Lutron...
Adding to what iaeen said above, the "stretchiness" of the mucus is also considered (meaning, how far you can stretch the mucus between thumb and index finger). The longer the stretch the better your chances of getting pregnant (or avoiding pregnancy) are.
When walking into an Ocean State Job Lot yesterday I noticed they had a sign in a few windows with the Pay and Google Wallet logos.  It was at the top of the listed forms of payment and appeared to have been made by the local employees then taped to the glass.  Although I don't usually shop at Ocean State I was still happy to see they are accepting Pay.   Oh, and if a relatively small chain of discount stores like OSJL can manage to implement NFC terminals that leaves...
You're right, no one has the right to come into your house. However, if someone does and it's because you only closed your screen door, didn't lock it and left all your interior lights on so we could see you weren't home I would certainly think you could have done a better job protecting yourself.I'm in the middle here. Do I think the celebrity photo theft was right? No. Do I feel for these actresses who have had private moments exposed? Yes. Do I think the perpetrators...
If Amazon ends up paying a fine of $32.5 million that would be devastating to their profits that quarter. Maybe even that half.
To me this it's more like promoting a show on Broadway with only a facade.  People can walk a little way in, get a taste of what the show is and pique their interest, maybe enough to decide to see it.  Then they need to leave that location, go to a theater off Broadway to where the rent is cheaper but still pay the Broadway rate in order to actually see the show. It's the digital equivalent to the Gateway stores. You could go in, browse and even handle the merchandise but...