or Connect

Posts by faithfulFrank

Well, I've been waiting for awhile to buy an ipad......got to jump in sometime. Friends who have one tell me they do wish it were lighter, etc. But basically I have two options.....buy now or wait. one could wait forever for the "perfect" product. Friends who have an ipad seem to love it....they hardly touch their laptops anymore.    So what is the worse that can happen? I buy one. I start using and loving it. In six months they might come out with a thinner, lighter...
I've been wanting an ipad for awhile now.....but was waiting for today. Some said not to wait, that there would not be an "ipad4" yet, just an ipad3 with the new lightning plug. I'm very glad I waited. I will be ordering a new ipad4 Friday.   I assume the smart cover stays the same, although the new one for the ipad mini is a bit different. They did not say anything about a change in that.  I too wonder what happens to all of the ipad3's out there.....but for me I...
I was also wondering this, as I plan on buying a new mac very soon. If I like Lion, I may want it to also be on my MBP....but I"m surprised at reading some people are not liking it......I'm guessing I will, but I think I need to use it a bit first before committing. If it is all it is cracked up to be, it may be worth buying it at that good price, but would I even need to if it came with the new mac? If I bought the new mac yesterday lion would have come from the App...
If true I'm disappointed. I plan on upgrading to an iphone, and thought at this late date I might as well wait for the iphone5. I hope this is not true.....
It might be time to replace my 17" G4 Imac lampstyle.....it's like 12 years old now, but still working great. My wife mostly uses it...I took her to the Apple store last week to look at the new imacs....even the 21.5 inch one she thought was huge... I knew the imacs were up for an upgrade soon...we'll see.... Frank
I was just at the verizon store, and have the brochure. The unlimited minutes family plan is $119.99, with each additional phone after two an extra $49.99. A single phone unlimited plan is $70.00. I've been with verizon for years waiting for the iphone, but am thinking of switching to ATT to get one.
I've had Verizon for over 10 years, and where I am they have almost 100% of thr business. For years I have heard their Reps bash the iphone, saying that they would not want it because it's too closed, too quirky, bad antenna, etc. They seem surprised when I tell them that it is rumored that Verizon was offered the iphone first but refused the conditions, etc.... Now what a paradigm shift! I've waited for the iphone. I plan on having one within the next 6 months or so....
It made sense to delete the pop g-mail account from my mail app, so I did. It seems to be working fine now. Giving me the hint that they both needed to be imap accounts was helpful. Thanks! Frank
Well, I actually did learn that gmail by default sets up an account the pop way. I followed their instructions on converting the account to imap. I think it worked. They basically had me add another account to the mail account, the imap way. My only question now is, do I delete the gmail pop account from the account list in my mail program, so I only have the imap .mac e-mail and the imap gmail e-mail? thanks! Frank
I'm not really sure what that is, but I did just look, and under preferences, then accounts, it shows the .mac account as a mobleme imap account, and below it the gmail account says Gmail POP. The incoming mail server says pop.gmail.com My .mac account will run out in a few days. I have paid for it for almost 10 years, but really never used any of it other then just the mac.com e-mail address. I always intended to learn all the cool stuff mobleme could do, but really...