or Connect

Posts by Gustav

It doesn't need to compete with Halo. It'll sell on multiplayer family oriented games.
I see they're really committed to that atrocity that is the ribbon. The ribbon was a replacement for poorly thought out menus, not menus in general. If that ribbon is required, I won't be using it.
 Ha ha, true, but in all honestly, autorelease pools are typically when you need such tight control, and ARC allows for that.  Nitpick: ARC doesn't hand control over to the OS, it hands control over to the compiler. And there are instances where you want tight control over memory, especially when dealing with large, or secure objects.
I've never seen an car maker make an intuitive "infotainment" system. Honda's is garbage, Toyota's is garbage, etc. Car makers that realize this isn't their strong point and outsource it to Apple, Android, and others will be rewarded, especially by those that aren't car enthusiasts. These are the majority of customers, and let's be honest, they care a whole lot more about how to operate their car and what features it has than the brand name on it.
A better quality DAC will make a difference. A resolution higher than 16/44 will not. If you say you can hear the difference, then you are an evolved human indeed. Because nobody has been able to prove they can. Yes, you probably can tell the difference between MP3 and FLAC. But what about just plain ALAC? What about 320kbps AAC?
Many here weren't the CEOs of Blackberry's competitors. Their desire was purely personal. BB's desire is to stem the tide of defectors. While I can understand why he'd want Messages to be cross platform, it's still a bit ridiculous to expect it. There's nothing in it for Apple.
I really dislike the notion that smaller screen phones are, or should be, "low end." It's Apple's obsession with thin that makes it difficult to make a premium phone with a smaller screen. The fact is, I would happily purchase this theoretical 6s if it was performant and had good battery life. And they could likely do it, if they made it as think as an iPhone 4 or 4s.
Pixelmator is selling this for far too cheap. I hope they make their money back on this. I would expect them to pay five times as much.
More of the same BS from Quicken. For years Mac users have been asking for feature parity and file format compatibility and Intuit has ignored them. They're not getting my money.
If a release date hasn't been set, then it can't be delayed.