or Connect

Posts by Gustav

On Apple's store right now: USB to 30pin cable: $19. Also, USB to Lightning cable: $19. WTF are you talking about?   And even if it was more, of course they should pass that cost on to us. They're a for-profit business.   If cloners "find a way around this," good for them. Use their products at your own risk. There's a reason I don't use 30-pin cables and chargers from the dollar store today - I don't trust them. I'll buy name brand, and I will in the future.
I was working at 14 years old stocking shelves in a store in Canada. 5 hour shifts on weekday evenings, 9 hour shifts on weekends.
  The reality is that Apple makes far more revenue and profit from iOS devices than Macs.   Although I am in agreement in that I'd like to see new Mac desktops too.
  I don't see anything in Apple's marketing about the iPod Nano shipping with voice recording software.     Skype is a third party app. You might as well complain that Apple doesn't ship the iCade accessory free because some third party apps support it.   FaceTime is video conferencing software. There's no audio-only mode. There's absolutely no intended use case of you using FaceTime with the device in your pocket. Since you are holding it, you can use the microphone...
  You call him a troll and then use the word "cripple" just because it doesn't come with a feature you wish it did? This is not crippling. Crippling would be if they included the headset and remote, and disabled it until you paid them to "unlock" it. Saying people are using it as a phone isn't helping your case either. People using it as a poor man's iPhone should be surprised that they have to pay a little extra to do so, especially given that it costs $400 less than an...
Well, for one, they subsidized the development of MacBook Air knock offs by offering a $100million ultrabook development fund so vendors could come close to matching Apple's pricing.
Tim Cook has been CEO for approximately one year. For you to assert with any validity that he is the cause of the "once a year, if that" prospect, you need at least a few years. Apple is not a PC vendor where they issue speed bumps and spec changes every month all for the sake of a couple percentage points of performance increase. They haven't done that in a long time. I don't know why you expect it now. They'll wait until there's a meaningful performance or architectural...
This is a combination of the jack too. The springloaded "tabs" in the jacks should be slanted and smooth enough so the depth doesn't matter.
Not ready to buy in to the "authentication chip" hypothesis. It's more likely to assign proper signalling to the signal pins, and proper current to the power pins.
How does he know these are "authentication" chips and not protocol or power negotiation chips?