or Connect

Posts by Gustav

Could have been a defective battery. Lithium-ion batteries can expand.
Who said anything about happenstance? It's not like tha NSA has secret exploits that no other hacker can figure out for themselves. In four years there has been numerous security fixes, architectural changes, and OS updates. And there are audits going on constantly. I'd be amazed if any of toes exploits still worked, and it's getting harder and harder to find new ones.While such scenarios are possible, source code is audited, as are chip designs. One would have to place a...
Actually, it is likely. This doc is from 2010. That's too long ago. Back then, you could jailbreak your phone by visiting a web page. A lot of these holes have been filled since then. It's likely that very little (if any) of these exploits still work on devices running iOS 7.
Forstall is fine with it. After all, he has a bright future in modelling.http://gizmodo.com/ousted-apple-exec-scott-forstall-finds-new-career-as-ci-1502010362
 He considered them to be total crap because he wasn't there. Don't tell me the SE/30 or the IIci was total crap. The first PowerBooks came out in that period and projected Apple from nowhere to the top notebook seller in a matter of months. There were a few crappy models, the IIvi, IIvx, PowerBook 190, 5300, and much of the performa line. Apple's problem that time was in the decisions the company made, not the engineering of their products.
Sunrise is correct, there are limitations to the Calendar APIs in OS X and iOS. Lots of apps require your AppleID to function: BusyCal, MS Outlook, Sparrow. There is no OAuth or similar functionality in CalDAV or IMAP protocols, so there's nothing to do. Either you trust the developer or don't use their app.
I prefer the speed and camera in my 5s, but still wish it had the 3.5" screen that my 4 had.
If you have PIN and your phone is locked, isn't the entire device encrypted?
 Sorry, where do you get your cash from? I don't want to make a trip to the bank or ATM every time I want to buy something. And ATMs charge fees if you can't find one from your own bank. Not so easy. No, it really isn't fiddly. Unlocking your phone is trivial, you do it several times per day. And if you have a 5s with TouchID enabled, it's even easier. And connecting to WiFi is automatic after the first time. And you don't need to get your credit card out to enter your...
For about a year, I've been able to walk into an Apple Store, scan an item with my phone, and walk out the door. No credit card swipe, no checkout, no line. It's called EasyPay. Am I missing something here?