or Connect

Posts by Gustav

Are you new to the computer business? Models are updated all the time. If Apple announced "we are going to release updated models every four months forever" would you never buy a computer again? Buy what you need and use it. The fact that in four months someone else can buy a better computer at the same price is irrelevant - they didn't get four months' worth of usage that you did.
He didn't cite examples, he asked for examples. And Blu-ray isn't popular enough that there is a large number of people with only Blu-ray movies wanting to watch them when they travel. When the cost comes down and Apple implements the required copy protection, we'll get there. In the mean time, get an external blu-ray drive, download some software and rip the blu-ray disc to your hard drive.
Or they're very happy. Don't forget that RIM writes software for other device makers.
Ha ha! Good one. Every cell phone and every cordless phone does this. They take the number, look it up in their built-in phonebook, and use the name if there is a match. Do you think every phone vendor is paying this guy?
Sure, if you want to wait a few weeks for them. Netflix is limited by physical supply. The iTMS will never put you on a wait list. You can watch a movie when you want to watch it, not when other people are finished with it.
I for one, do not believe there are tons of people who want one. I believe there are a disproportionate number of people who post in forums that want an xMac, including myself - but they pale in comparison to the actual consumers.I agree, but a few people asking really loudly is of lower priority than a lot of people who just settle for an iMac.
Wow, people just don't get it. In the days of online shopping and big box stores, the smaller retailers have to smarten up. Does anyone honestly think this is just a problem with Apple? Every product from cell phones to cameras to other PCs, or even non-tech products can be bought cheaper online or at big box stores. Here's a subtle note to Apple retailers: YOU CAN NOT HAVE A VIABLE BUSINESS IF ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS SELL MACS. You need to provide value-added service, not...
This guy is just bitter because they didn't like his ideas. Apple's success is due in part to their secrecy. When your success is because you have better ideas than everyone else, you have to keep them secret until their release. If you allow your employees to blog all day, secrets are going to get out that are detrimental. If this guy thought for a second why Apple is able to wow everyone year after year, he wouldn't be complaining. He should go work for an open source...
While the rumor says 24 hours from when you purchase, are we certain it's not 24 hours from when we start watching? I guess we'll have to wait until next week to know for certain.
PPV and On-demand from cable has a tiny library of movies - I suspect Apple will have a lot more. And I don't rent often enough to make use of Netflix. This service seems like a good fit for me.