or Connect

Posts by Gustav

I agree - and this is kind of my point. If customers were more realistic of what their needs vs. their wants were, we'd be a whole lot more happier, and vendors could spend their time working on features that would actually make our lives better, rather than satisfy a false need that just makes us feel like we're more important than we are. If people would admit that they didn't really need push email (and I still challenge anyone to tell me why they need it), then RIM,...
So instead of actually refuting my point with actual facts, you resort to personal insults. How very mature and intelligent of you. Please tell me why you need to have instantaneous email notification rather than waiting for an email client to poll the server every minute (or even five minutes). Please tell me why this is so important to you. Prove to me that I am an idiot; otherwise grow up and keep the insults to yourself.
What's really a shame is that all this hubbub about a feature nobody actually needs. Remote file deletion is a good enterprise feature. Push email is just a perceived "need" to satisfy people's false sense of worth based on how fast they think they need an email.
So you can backup multiple machines - why ask this question since you just answered it yourself in the next sentence?So what if all machines lost their backup? Replace the drive and back them up again. Drive loss is always a risk whether it contains the backup of one or more machines. People who are serious about backups have multiple offsite backups anyway - this product is not meant to fit that bill.I don't think it's hype. I think people want a device that is always on,...
Nobody needs push email. I challenge anyone to provide an example of why they need an email message instantly rather than waiting for the mail client to check, for example, every minute or 30 seconds. If you need instant communication, SMS or chat are better suited to that task.
Are you new to the computer business? Models are updated all the time. If Apple announced "we are going to release updated models every four months forever" would you never buy a computer again? Buy what you need and use it. The fact that in four months someone else can buy a better computer at the same price is irrelevant - they didn't get four months' worth of usage that you did.
He didn't cite examples, he asked for examples. And Blu-ray isn't popular enough that there is a large number of people with only Blu-ray movies wanting to watch them when they travel. When the cost comes down and Apple implements the required copy protection, we'll get there. In the mean time, get an external blu-ray drive, download some software and rip the blu-ray disc to your hard drive.
Or they're very happy. Don't forget that RIM writes software for other device makers.
Ha ha! Good one. Every cell phone and every cordless phone does this. They take the number, look it up in their built-in phonebook, and use the name if there is a match. Do you think every phone vendor is paying this guy?
Sure, if you want to wait a few weeks for them. Netflix is limited by physical supply. The iTMS will never put you on a wait list. You can watch a movie when you want to watch it, not when other people are finished with it.