or Connect

Posts by Gustav

What does MAC stand for? Are you a friend of Wakashizuma? Or are you Wakashizuma yourself. No self-respecting Mac geek will ever call a Mac a MAC. In fact, when I wanted to play games, I bought a console - not a PC. PCs are ridiculously expensive if you are just going to use it for playing games. And I use my Mac for everything else a PC can do.
Exposé is not meant to be just an application switcher per se. It's more of a visual window search tool. But the best part of Expose is the Desktop key in my opinion. For example, I'm in Mail and want to email an attachment on my desktop - I can hit exposé (desktop) to clear the windows, start dragging the file, hit the exposé key again and drop it on the window. This works great for dragging and dropping anywhere. The exposé application only key is handy too for "bring...
Parental controls - a nice idea I guess, but what do people think will happen to their children if they find "bad" words in the dictionary? They'll giggle for a few minutes and it'll be over. They're not going to then go out and rob liquor stores. I guess it's the same silliness as Janet Jackson's breast in the SuperBowl half-time show. People think it's a terrible thing, but can't really explain why.
Some companies are using iPhones as employee bonuses - did Piper Jaffray take that into account too. Purchasing 5 phones does not absolutely mean you will be unlocking them and reselling them. Though I do believe a significant portion of those sales probably are.
So what? A PC can't stand up to a Mac when it comes to productivity, usability, stability, and return on investment. What's your point? That's not the point. The point is when Bungie sold out to MS, ticked off Mac users said at the time: "no way MS will let you keep control." Those Mac users appear to have been correct. Nobody cares if your gaming PC can beat a Mac or not. Apple's market is not the hard core gamer - that's why they don't include the best video cards in...
Yes, but once you stop paying, you can't play any of the music. Notice that Virgin just shut down their subscription based music store. What are you going to do when MS decides to shut theirs down.
eyeTV is a simple soluton to this problem. eyeTV also has editing features to quickly remove the commercials.
The coffee was several degrees above the standard temperature that hot coffee is normally served at. It caused burns at a severity that normal hot coffee could not do. Everyone loves to refer to the coffee lawsuit without knowing any of the facts.
Uhm... that would be a PC laptop - back when even desktop PCs couldn't boot from their CD drive. I don't think Apple would allow that to happen. Today's Macs can boot from external hard disks - a CD drive would be no different.That would be a ridiculous requirement. I am sure that you will definitely NOT need another Mac to install an OS.
Now for all of you UK iPhone buyers - if you are not prepared to accept a price drop in two months, please wait two months before purchasing your iPhone.