or Connect

Posts by Gustav

DVForge is run by Jack Campbell. He has a history of criminal behaviour. While he has attempted to put his criminal past behind him, his business (DVForge and MacMice) consists of mostly finding cheap OEM accessories, advertising them as "designed for the Mac market" and marking them up by typically more than 200%.
If they did all that, it would cost more. Sure you think it should include all that, but at what price? Apple needs to decide what they can include, and what is a good price for a 12" PowerBook. There's a trade-off between price and features. Apple's margin on the 12" isn't huge. It sounds like you disagree with it being called a PowerBook more than what it is or what features it has. If they called it a "midBook" would you still think it is crippled?
Market share is irrelevant. Market *size* is. Around 1990, Apple made a special version of their IIci that used parity RAM for government contracts. They had less customers then than they do now. However, I agree that it is a bit far-fetched.
[quote]Originally posted by Barvow: My wife's new iMac did NOT have a firewire cable...only a USB cable and the phone cable, which, by the way,
Are you sure that's not a Firewire? I thought mine was USB too, but on closer inspection it's a 6-4 pin firewire cable. [quote] I stared at a long time before I realized that it was apparently meant to be used for something. I was trying to imagine the electrons squeezing through it and...
[quote]Originally posted by RedEric: Hi guys thought you might like a UK perspective My iMac 600 that I bought last year came with the aforementioned Cable but my new SD 800 came with nothing. Do all US Models ship with a USB Extender? If so it's just another case of us being ripped off over here.
No, only the PowerMac towers come with the USB extender, because, unless you have an Apple display, there's no way the keyboard...
[quote]Originally posted by roger_ramjet: I like U2 but "Where the Streets Have No Name" wasn't the best song for that moment. "Stuck In a Moment" would have been a far better choice followed by an acoustic version of "Staring at the Sun". My brother was at the last show of their U.S. tour and he said they played "One" instead. He said it was a lot more moving. I was distracted too by all the cheering while those names scrolled. That was messed...
[quote]Originally posted by roger_ramjet: I like U2 but "Where the Streets Have No Name" wasn't the best song for that moment. "Stuck In a Moment" would have been a far better choice followed by an acoustic version of "Staring at the Sun". My brother was at the last show of their U.S. tour and he said they played "One" instead. He said it was a lot more moving. I was distracted too by all the cheering while those names scrolled. That was messed...
[quote]Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg: How can the user be expected to know what will be in the way of the CD tray?
Heh heh, I was all set to flame you after the first sentence, but then I saw the sarcasm.
[quote]Originally posted by BRussell: My virginity.
He said "in the mail", not "on the male". [Laughing]
[quote]Originally posted by MacsRGood4U: Apple will eventually release a digital still camera and camcorder as well. They did have 2 digital cameras with their name on it in the mid 90s.
They had 3. The QuickTake 100, 150 - the 150 was just an improved version of the 100. The QuickTake 200 that was a rebranded Fuji camera.