or Connect

Posts by Gustav

OS X Server on IBM servers is a good idea if Apple charges enough for it. Apple currently subsidizes OS development with hardware sales, but if IBM could put OS X on some big iron, there's room to give Apple the OEM licensing fees they require. I do think IBM could provide a service that Apple can't. Big, robust, servers with a service plan to support big purchases. The only fly in the ointment I can think of is that Apple may have to penetrate the enterprise market...
I really gotta laugh at those of you who claim "Apple never invented anything, they just slap PC hardware in their cases." Being an innovator does not necessarily mean inventing the hardware the solutions run on. Apple innovates with actual solutions. How many people had wireless laptops before Apple? Almost nobody and those who did paid thousands of dollars for it. How well was USB doing before the iMac? Not very well. The iMac made hardware companies wake up and...
I really gotta laugh at those of you who claim "Apple never invented anything, they just slap PC hardware in their cases." Being an innovator does not necessarily mean inventing the hardware the solutions run on. Apple innovates with actual solutions. How many people had wireless laptops before Apple? Almost nobody and those who did paid thousands of dollars for it. How well was USB doing before the iMac? Not very well. The iMac made hardware companies wake up and...
[quote]Originally posted by _ alliance _: saw Kung Pow last night. what a piece of sh*t. there were a few funny parts, but most of it i just rolled my eyes and thought "how stupid." oh well, at least i didnt pay fer it...
I don't understand how anyone could even want to go see that movie? It didn't even look good in the ad. [No] To each, his own, I guess.
[quote]Originally posted by pscates: Was hoping to pick up my new iMac today, but, alas, they aren't yet available.
Wow! Freaky! My birthday was yesterday too! I also went to my local dealer in hopes of finding the new iMac. I didn't find one either.
I knew a guy who read books everywhere he went. While eating, in class, while walking down the street. I never saw him without his face in a book. It was amazing to see him walk down a path on the university campus, avoiding people, street lamps, turn corners, all with his face pressed firmly in a book. I think any behaviour can be "addicting". If it isn't hurting you or anyone else, then there's no problem.
[quote]Originally posted by Ybot: Sounds like a really cool store! They definitely get the idea that creative people prefer Macs. I know many artists (digital and physical) who use Macs and a store that had both my computing needs AND my paints, brushes and canvas would be very spiffy! The next time I go to Ottawa I'm definitely going to check them out. -Y
FYI, Here's their web site. The...
Tiger
I've been on ehMac for a while. I hope it picks up the pace a little - there's not a whole lot of activity, but I do like it. Being in Ottawa, I don't want an Apple Store. We have a store called bMac. Picture everything in the Apple Store (even a Genius bar, though it's not called that), throw in a pool table, and an art supplies (real art supplies, not the digital kind) department. It's really quite nice. They have lots of peripherals and have all of the Mac models (and...
Trumpet/Sax intro in Dire Straits' "Your Latest Trick"