or Connect

Posts by SpamSandwich

I'm confident this engineers testimony will be shredded to pieces by Apple's lawyers next week.
 I think Samsung still has a boatload of people they will be dragging before the court. This is supposed to go on for another week.
 A patent comes with twofold benefits. First, it provides the inventor(s) or owner(s) with a time-limited monopoly that in turn receives the backing of law for protection from theft or infringement. Second, "society" (however you choose to define that word) benefits from the expiration of the patent at the end of it's time-limited term. It then becomes essentially "free" for any individual or business to use. Now let's look at the 'opposite of a patent'. An inventor may...
"Consualtant"... is this a "casual consultant"?
I wonder if your definition of "progress" meshes with the Constitutional one? Have you bothered to read the link? I don't believe you have, because the actual quote is "to promote the progress of science and the useful arts, by securing, for limited times, to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries."Lifting words (not even an accurate quote, by the way) out of context is dishonest and completely undermines what you seem to be...
To paraphrase Patrick Swayze, "nobody puts Apple in a corner."
If at some point in the future the US switches to a digital form of currency (and there are arguments that it is coming whether people want it or not) Apple will be well-positioned to leverage their extensive patent trove for secure storage and transfer of said currency.
The Constitution of the US does not extend to the rest of the world. There is no global government and I am not convinced there is a need for any such body.
What did they mean by that? They meant the works of artists and inventors were property that belonged to THEM, not to a king or government.Read this: http://www.constitution.org/js/js_319.htm
The value of something is determined between at least two parties, so it is up to the patent holder to exploit their property. In some cases, a patent may be more valuable if it is NOT implemented. That's a determination left to the property holder to decide.http://www.uspto.gov/about/offices/opa/museum.jsp"What is Intellectual Property?It is imagination made real. It is the ownership of dream, an idea, an improvement, an emotion that we can touch, see, hear, and feel. It...