or Connect

Posts by SpamSandwich

And we've seen exactly what has happened as a result of these unconstitutional acts. Individuals are lumped into special groups (white, black, straight, gay, etc.) all seeking special privilege and protections, all of which is "unequal treatment", all of which amounts to one thing... bigger, more powerful government.
 If the Federal government owns that hamburger shop, that would be a problem. You cannot dictate personal beliefs with laws. That's not how reality works.
A "protected class" is by definition, unconstitutional. The Constitution recognizes and protects individuals, not classes. I realize this is an uncommon belief because of the collectivist propaganda we've been taught since childhood, but it is the only defensible position, in my opinion.
I do get what you're saying and I still disagree. Tim isn't the president of the United States. His duty to Apple and the shareholders is to keep the company profitable. I believe Cook may want to focus 100% on personal causes when he leaves and he should do whatever he thinks is right. I simply think he needlessly draws attention to issues he is neither suited to address, nor will he be able to change minds. He'll just alienate potential customers. As the head of a...
You can't stop it. Laws are a blunt instrument that imposes the will of the majority on the minority, which is something the Constitution (the supreme law of the US) is supposed to protect individuals against.
If one is unequally treated under the law (with discrimination OR privilege) then the law can only be considered unconstitutional.
Rights are inalienable. All people are supposed to be treated equally as described in the Constitution. Special "rights" for individuals of any color or belief, if created by the Federal government, are unconstitutional. Individual rights cannot be taken away, but they can be ignored, trod upon or violated.
If a law had a large financial penalty attached to it, I'm betting the store owner would simply provide a reason that seemed more "reasonable". I doubt they'd blatantly voice an opinion that could land them in trouble with the law. Laws cannot eliminate discriminatory beliefs. I personally would refuse to do business with an establishment that openly discriminates against people, but that's me.
I like Cook, but at the risk of being the contrarian here I think he should keep the focus 100% on Apple and on the products. Anything unrelated to Apple is a distraction and not his job to fix. If he wants to be a political activist, he should make that his focus.
I think if the prejudice is stronger than the desire to make money, a law will not make a difference.