or Connect

Posts by palegolas

One finger Force touch could replace the home button all together. It responds very well on the watch. It might be a waste though, dedicating the force touch to just one button.
Drake, no dis, but what was he thinking up there? It was like he was pulled in last minute, with no preparation, barely knowing what it was he was supposed to be talking about.. I felt so bad for him...
The free three month is a bag of hurt. I can understand that, being an independent artist myself. But for me the revenue will be around $0 regardless. That's how bad it pays for low play counts. So why bother whining?Not sure about your reasoning here.One problem with streaming is that if I play one song once, one month, and nothing else, where will all my subscription money go? Certainly not to that one song. It will get its $0.0 revenue, and all the rest of my money will...
The new "For the price of one album a month you can listen to as many albums you want" streaming model is troublesome. There is just no way that it can ever be fair for the musicians, song writers and copyright holders. It only makes sense economically if you have a catalogue of thousands of songs that get a fair amount of plays... which typically, artists do not. Corporations do. Then the bigger the catalogue, the better. It's so corporate it's sick.. As long as you're...
The first thing that struck me when I saw the iPad pro keyboard was that they might be targeting developers. The chars in the top row are not something that I'd imagine the average user would use in everyday writing. To be able to code and deploy on the iOS platform would be really cool. Especially for the new markets where the "computer" maybe isn't part of the ecosystem. The iCloud file browser app. Split screen multitasking. Bigger screen estate. Proper keyboard. USB...
Exciting close future at hand. Finally stuff to look forward to
The moment I saw that drawing input in Notes I thought "so the stylus really is coming after all! Yeeey!"There's so much that can be enhanced from the Wacom Cintiq experience. The two most substantial features being accuracy and retina. The glass is really thin on the iPad. It'd be amazing to draw on it. The glass on the cintiqs is really thick, so there will always be a parallax issue.
He's alright. Now that Thunderbolt 3 and USB type C has married they need to come up with a daisy chain standard as a requirement/ recommendation on all peripherals. Then it's all gonna be fine. Like, every C/ Thunderbolt3 cable could at least be a Y cable with two male connectors and one female for daisy chaining. With this in place it wouldn't make sense with many ports on the computers anymore, unless for heavy UHD video streaming or other extreme bandwidth utilities.
And by the way.. That radio channel is hopefully, probably the first of many to come. If this is a DJ channel with pop culture music, there will hopefully be a classical music channel to follow, a more contemporary jazz channel etc. I would love high quality radio channels to discover new music.
The exclusive feature is that they're opening the door for indies. This is directly competing with music on YouTube, but with a true music-centric distribution model in place. This might be what makes it work, if it's adopted. Still... The discovery rate and user base on YouTube is really powerful. But.. We'll see how some no name artist can live on Ping.. Sorry Connect.. And drive more traffic there than on YouTube. I still don't see though, how streaming can EVER be...