or Connect

Posts by palegolas

Yeah exactly! I've tried it a little, and I love the idea, but wtf? Why keep the quality this low? I mean they could easily get a great quality at like 48kbps AAC or even less. Currently it sounds like a old school compression type, at a very low bit rate/ sample rate. I don't get it. I guess messages are typically below 30 seconds. They'd be smaller than a typical Snap, even with great audio.
I get the feeling the script is like a modern "documentarish" drama. Perhaps people involved expect a block buster roller coaster with special effects. I hope they pull it off, and it turns out an intimate and moving glimpse of Steve Jobs' world.
Competing/ gambling with price, in an industry that already adopted an "it's free" mind set.. is a bit sad. How do we encourage people to send money to the artists? Every artist should have a personal donation account where fans could sent tips now and then, when they feel generous.
Did they make the soundtrack with songsmith?
Thanks. Now after digging around a bit, I wonder if us who choose not to monetize our videos can take part in this too.
Now Greg is a jolly chap
I'm wondering how you as a content creator add music to this YouTube music key. If it's just as easy as uploading a YouTube video this is game changing.
He he.. They'll rebadge it Apple Music. But then there'll be problem with Paul McCartney again ;-) In my opinion, the most significant thing Apple could do is to create really, really great virtual, personal DJ's. Tim Cook mentioned in an interview that he could "feel" the difference with Beats' music finding algorithm, compared to the other services. If Apple and Dre could make personalized virtual DJ's that kept playing what you consider to be "quality music", they could...
Thanks. Nice post!For sure, interesting to follow. Streaming and listening has sort of become marketing rather than the end product. I'd rather play my music to people who care, and create a little micro world with Patreon and Bandcamp, etc. where it all works fine. I think honestly, that YouTube is gonna steal all streaming free music anyways. The world is becoming increasingly more visual. It's probably already doing it to some significant extent. I think it's totally...
Listen to music for free. Great business model. No wonder it "sells".   Spotify is like Google for music. I don't have the numbers, but I bet the majority of Spotify's users are free, ad supported accounts. And just like with YouTube videos with ads - the only one making money are the ones with a great number of videos/ songs with very high play count. In other words big publishers or superstars. There's no way to get a revenue to pay for the rent, from either streaming...