or Connect

Posts by palegolas

Don't think too much about it, mate. You got it!!! Now make some awesome stuff!!
He he. Not necessarily illegally. But with great powers comes great responsibility.
Has Apple become too powerful? If companies that are being approached by Apple are willing to negotiate themselves into such a bad deal. Perhaps Apple was negotiating harder than what was good for anyone.
This time it needs to be international from day one. The wait for international launch each time Apple introduces a media solution is paving the way for other crappy alternatives. (iTunes Radio, I'm watching you!) Apple has been like this before though. Once they decided to trash an old idea, and go with a new model, they simply stop developing the existing offer. iTunes Match, for instance, is very slow to sync, and it has not been fixed. Apple is probably instead working...
Nice and sleek new look. I've always wanted better forum integration. And now I want iPhone 6+ optimisation.
Perhaps they're looking into making a lossless compressed 5k signal.. like an "Apple Lossless" for 5k. But like you say, for a Mac Pro, pairing two (out of six) ThunderBolt 2 ports could be totally acceptible. Still got four to go. However.. it's Apple. They will probably not talk about 5k stand alone displays until a new Thunderbolt 3 Mac Pro comes out in 2015. ;-)
Thanks. Yeah, it sure is an awful ammunt of bits to be shoved through the cable.The bandwidth of Thunderbolt 2 is 20 Gbps, right? And the bandwidth of 5k in 60fps is... probably jsut about exceeding that. But let's say it supports 4k in target mode? It says on the specs page that it does support target mode, so I guess it will.. just not at 5k. 4k in 60fps, I read here, is about 17.2 Gbps. So that's not too friggin shabby. Let's wait things out. Update. Oh.. I just noticed...
It's the double identity of the iMac. "Support for Target Display Mode via the Thunderbolt port using a Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)"http://www.apple.com/imac/specs/  
It's a big company.. Big business in play. Big money. It was a good show. Trailing off a bit, but I missed Craig on the show floor I know he's not in the mobile business, but if Craig had entered the stage instead of U2 in the end, it'd have been a perfect show :-D
Chiming in. Great casting. There's something about both his ego, and his energy that I think matches up perfectly for the role. Just knowing this (assuming that he signs) I've got my hope back for this film.