or Connect

Posts by palegolas

These are hard days for the iPhone hack community. They didn't seem to manage to fully hack 1.1.2 safely in a month and now there's already 1.1.3 around the corner..
The iPhone really made a solid footprint in people's consciousness. I don't remember developers optimizing their sites for Safari or Macs.. but now they're optimizing them for iPhone. That's really cool.
The look and design is questionable.. but it makes sense when you tuck it away in that black case. The screen looks a little too gray on these photos.. it makes me wonder if it's a good screen to read from. Anyway, great that this thing gets so much attention. Perhaps it'll help the e-book to get going so that regular people start using the technology. I'd be interested... but I'd prefer an on screen touch keyboard so that the size could be optimized.
Yes, the $15 price tag is too high. If it really is premium material at that price tag I'd expect 720p, surround sound and some little extra material such as audio commentary and a subtitle tracks. But if they're allowed to raise prices for new material, they should be allowed to lower prices on older material. That would kind of balance it. No such luck though I guess. Rental at lower prices would be awesome. I'd definitely use that over buying. And of course.. world...
I think it's good that China says no to revenue sharing. Obviously it's not allowed by chinese law, and I think it's pretty harsh by Apple to go down this line to begin with. They're making money like SICK on these deals... so sick they should give away iPhones for free. It's crazy that they really pulled it off. It shows us where Apple stands today, amazing. But Apple is getting too cocky for its own good I think. It might hit back soon if they don't soften up and care...
The application is not about the "ring" itself, it's about the collapse function. And I don't think the ring is rotating with the small size disk. Isn't it just there to center the disk on insertion, and when the drive sticks the center pole into the disk to mount it, it lifts it a millimeter or so before rotation starts? On eject it lowers it again, releases it (into the "ring") and ejects it. I think it was really ignorant of Apple to rule out 8 mm discs when they...
What an awesome video! I like when big companies go lo fi, and it was really well explained. I think it's a useful function. I tried the same function back in 2003 or so when it was introduced in Sweden. Telia had it working already by then, and I must say it was pretty useful. I think it is likely that it'll show up in iPhone.
I have high hopes for this SDK. Hoping Apple let developers dig deep into the iPhod and not just crawl around on the surface. It'd be great with a safe baby-SDK for easy development, but in order to do these "really cool things" or these "dramatic things" I think the developers must be offered as much access as possible to the hardware. It seems this Greg wants this too if I catch the spirit right. Cool. Oh yeah.. and let's pray these digital ID's don't cost a lot of...
It's GREAT that some e-book FINALLY gets some press, and that seems to have a significant launch plan. The idea of carrying around a couple of news papers, a couple of blogs, some study material and perhaps a novel and a dictionary in one piece is just fantastic. And to read a significant ammount of text, the text has to be on e-ink or paper. An LCD notebook monitor isn't good for reading massive ammount of text. I definitely see this as a great starting point. But hey...
Apple's own growing greed is what is damaging their own brand name. What happened to the Here's for the crazy ones Apple? Did they die the day the iMac got successful? I think so. Now it's the greed Apple. It's gonna backfire if they don't show us soon that Apple is not greedy, but open minded and with good intentions. The iPhone situation is taken to the limit of what's decent. I just hope the situation can change fast rather than take years of court action.