or Connect

Posts by palegolas

With my previous nokia phones it was easy. I got the phone that I liked at the time and stuck with it till it broke. Then I bought a new phone. The same with the iPods. The problem with the iPhone is that I'm probably gonna want to have every new version. That's the Apple effect and the reason why I'm coming back to this site so often. Damn it... I'm a nerd.
It looks really easy on paper with small black dots and all, but I don't have a clue of how well this could work out practically. And also, would all these microsensors capture "parallell light"? Making a photo with a really weird or no perspective?
Anyone knows if the PluginManager 1.7.3 fixes the UltraBeat bug in Logic Studio? (The bug where the UltraBeat instrument sometimes doesn't save the sets with the correct samples)..
It's a matter of time. They have this iChat that they're very proud of... that nobody uses. I think the majority uses MSN or Skype, mostly because they're available on multiple platforms. Now the new iPhone platform with 3G could make iChat a killer app, and make it famous. And if they also make it available for Windows like they did with Safari then hey.. it might be a runner up. However that being the reason for Apple not to acknowledge background apps... I don't...
Ok I only read like 70% of the article, so perhaps I missed some vital detail. But I still don't understand how this will work on multiple persons at once. It sounds like it's stereoscopic*100 or something to cover all angles. Hm...
Hm... I agree that Apple should be in control of what apps they're offering at their store. No question about it. But after some time it'll be kind of like how it is with the music industry. There will be filed suits because the iPhone can only run programs offered from Apple's app store. Any other software platform can run programs offered from multiple sources. Apple shouldn't offer apps at their app store that don't go with Apple's policies, but in the long run they...
About the processor speed.. Of course there will eventually be a next generation processor. But wasn't the current processor underclocked by several hundreds of mhz? I guess if they figure out a great way to run the processor at faster speeds without stealing battery they could just update the current processor with a firmware update as they have in the past.
Today, I'm one of those whiners that we all hate so much... here goes. This day made me very sad because it means I will soon have to spend a lot of money on a mac notebook that I don't really want. MacBook Pro: Too big, old clunky keyboard, too heavy and I hate to say it: dated design. MacBook: old trackpad, unfortunately too weak on graphics for my needs, too heavy for its form factor. MacBook Air: Here I don't care about graphics performance, but I really need...
Well, Apple is the biggest winner here, no matter what. The more the iPhone spreads around the world, the better. Sure, Apple get paid for mobile usage with the official operators, but in terms of publicity, Apple is a bigger winner with unlocked phones in as many regions as possible. That said... hasn't there been several reports showing that the operators benefit from this unusual relationship as well? AT&T has increased their user base significantly, regardless of 25%...
I was using FW for DV, but not anymore.. since I'm shooting directly to SD card, so this is not an issue. But I was planning to use the laptop frontmost as a stage computer for performing music, and on the go uses. My current audio interface (and in my opinion the best audio interfaces out there) are currently FW, so it's important to me to have FW. I'll eventually have to get a new audio card anyway, but I'd rather get a FW one. Also most of my external disks are FW....