or Connect

Posts by palegolas

With the iPhone Apple is really stretching it... I'm sure they'll try stretch it as far as it goes in terms of revenue. But in the end they must draw a line between what will benefit Apple in terms of control and revenue and what's hurting the brand and reputation...
Yeah, and some number people aren't using the num pad at all. I asked a programmer friend of mine why he never seemed to use the num pad, and he was like "Uh... I don't know... isn't that for auditors and economists and such..?". I guess for a programmer to constantly move the fingers to the numpad whenever you're inserting numbers would take too much time. I only use the num pad occasionally... so I set myself up on the waiting list They sure took their time getting this...
First remember the prize is shared between two parties, Al Gore and his accomplishments, and the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. I think that the committee is using its position to help highlighting issues that they think should be dealt with more seriously by the world's leaders. Al Gore has had the unusual success to have succeeded in spreading this important interest in the climate change to a LOT of people of the world. And he has had the power to...
I'm not sure exatly why a tablet notebook in particular is essential for your studies, but the rumors has been pointing towards a very compact Apple notebook to surface sometime soon. No final word though on whether it be touchbook or just a small notebook with keyboard. But I think it's safe to assume that typing on a physical keyboard will be more effective than on a touchbook, which leads me to believe a keyboard based notebook would be more suited for studies. Though...
Apple has touched and tried the map thing with Google Maps. If GPS will surface I believe it'll be the iPhone, not the iPod, and it'll be combined with Goggle Maps. But while anyone could learn to like GPS navigation, I believe it's a feature that only a few of us really want and need. Tha's why for example Nokia selected their expensive top model to run GPS, and not the mass consumer models. I don't think the iPhone needs GPS.. though I'll admit it would be cool. I'd...
That looks like the Amiga 500?Was it commonly called by another name in your region?
Seems likely to update consumer products in times for the holiday shopping season.
I hacked your phone, and now it's uncompatible with your software update. I*LL SUE YOU! It's like hacking a DVD player's firmware to play region free, and then try an official firmware update. There is no guarantee it'll work. Other than that.. I think Apple should have the same attitude with iPhone as with iTunes Plus. No sim lock, but it will be sold only with their selected operator of choice. That way it'll work like today, only if there's people willing pay for two...
We don't know the details... but this sounds somewhat like widgets to me.. just little more restricted than the Mac widgets. Sounds good enough for me. This way you can develop all kinds of things, taken that the SDK at least gives you access to the multi touch input. An even simpler way for Apple to support 3d party apps and contend would be if they allowed Flash widgets.
Cool, this looks good.. But what would be of more importance is a strategy that stretches beyond the English and Japanese languages. Apple doesn't even support a local spelling dictionary in a lot of the countries where Macs are being sold. What's up with that in Leopard?