or Connect

Posts by palegolas

Haha, charming drawings
Finally. Sounds pretty good. The user should then be prompted with an alert saying "Your rental movie "x" expires today. If you pay $y today you may keep it. ( Pay ) - - ( Expire ). Still waiting for this movie business to happen internationally though... it's just bla bla over here until the service arrives for real.
Anyone interested in any product should go and have a look at it before they buy it. It took me 2 seconds in the store to identify the iMac 20" display as a compromised low budget display. The vertical viewing angle is questionable. The 24" one is much better, and almost solid. All this whining is tiresome.. But I guess Apple did a lousy job of warning potential customers. They should have a big warning sign on the box saying: "This is the fancy new iMac 20". Even though...
An iPhone with 3G could be the first phone where people on a broad scale would actually start using the 3G possibilities. Most people I know with 3G phones still just call and send sms. No video call, no surf, no modem etc. It's just the phone. And they all complain about the battery life.. Some also complain about heat and "sensing the radiation" like "the feel of having your ear against an old TV screen" on 3G phones.. I don't know about that, perhaps 3G radiation is...
Microsoft's Surface looks like they've left a dedicated development team alone to do their stuff, with no Microsoft involvement other than money. It looks interesting. And if this marks the base for Windows 7's touch interface we can expect some solid stuff. But as usual, Microsoft will pump too much shit into the stuff. "You've left a cotton sweater on the surface. It appears to be dirty. Washing service is alerted and scheduled to pick up your laundry in 29 minutes...
It's coming.. it's coming... slowly.. but it's coming.. Why is it that english speaking countries are first in row?
Yeah, absolutely. There are still a couple of questions, since it's so slim. What ports will be on board? I hope this machine is suitable for musicians. Many traveling musicians rely heavily on external sound cards connecting with FireWire. If this machine is so thin perhaps Apple either dropped FireWire all together, or went with the 4 pin connector FireWire port (that doesn't provide power supply) instead of the 6 pin FW. I'd rather use the 4 pin FW than no FW. The lack...
Perhaps it's the release of Leopard Touch. If the new sub notebooks are touch based they'll need a solid touch interface that differs somewhat from the existing interface. That would be pretty big.
The more I think of it, the more likely I think it seems with a touch based device. If indeed this notebook would have the same specs as a MacBook just thinner, less storage, less ports and no optical drive then it just wouldn't make sense. All specs would be equal or lower than a MacBook except for portability. It wouldn't be enough cool to justify a pro price tag or the device's place in the lineup. I think it must have a unique selling point, and I'm more and more...
These are hard days for the iPhone hack community. They didn't seem to manage to fully hack 1.1.2 safely in a month and now there's already 1.1.3 around the corner..