or Connect

Posts by palegolas

I guess it will take only a few moments for enthusiastic software developers and hackers to try this version of Android on the iPhone. Then we can compare Android and OSX Mobile side by side on the same hardware. Judging by the demo videos Android seems pretty slow, but perhaps that's what iPhone felt like too 1 year prior to launch. I like the Android initiative. The world needs an open phone platform. Good that someone finally defies the commercial world. Good initiative.
Indeed! It's about time!
Ok, so this isn't the "touch mac", this is a lightweight regular notebook according to your info? Is the bigger touch still in the making? Perhaps the bigger touch will be running the mobile OSX. Anyway.. I won't be missing an optical drive, I use it very rarely. Though it's crucial to me that i does have FireWire and USB2 since all my music gear connects that way. If it slims down to crazy slim Apple has to make some kind of slim multi-cable or something in order to...
So it's the next year waiting game again? Perhaps this is what Apple is awaiting in order to really bring to life a compact portable. Good news.
The US is Apple's home arena. There they're in total control over press, commercial rollout, spots etc. and know how to build up momentum. Outside the US Apple often do a sparse job when it comes to advertisement etc. I think it'll pick up though, like with the iPod. Even though there were minimal efforts in ads in the early days here in Scandinavia for example it picked up a significant market share when the buzz spread around.
I gues it's not like authorities check every US travellers' mobile phones on arrival. Let's hope the officially unlocked european iPhone is going on sale soon so we can have an end to all this shit.
I'm not sure the consumer ends up paying more money as this file states, probably the other way around. But nevertheless I think the pricing shouldn't be entirely up to Apple, that just feels a little to nazi for me. It's Apple's store so they should have a say in the prices they'd like to offer, but not entirely. They must loosen up and learn how to cooperate smoother. It would benefit the Apple brand long term. If they'd loosen up a bit, they could be hard and firm on...
The PowerBook 12" is still the most portable Mac that runs the current Mac OS X in useable shape. It weighs 2.1 kg, and it's relatively small. But to throw a 2+ kg device in your bag you gotta be pretty motivated. At 1 kg it would sure slip down into my bag much more often. But at 0,5 kg we'd be totally rocking! And that's why I think Apple will try to drive a fullblown "iPhone" OSX into a completely new device. They will be trying to forego the subnotebook and tablet...
This is good. I like the sound of Android. It would also be cool to see an example of the project in action.. What's up with that?
The benchmarks look fantastic!