or Connect

Posts by palegolas

Perhaps this will be the first intel based pocket machine running the mini OS X seen on iPhod. Would be cool with the new 32 Nano tech intel chips. (Is it 32?) By the way. If an Apple PDA runs the same OS X as iPhod, and there would be now real reason why one shouldn't be able to run the same apps across all three devices I would be disappointed if Apple decided that this forthcoming PDA was the only one to install selected apps on. That would be a setback. Like selling a...
I don't know if it's been covered, but what about international users? Is this deal for ALL potential customers? Or is it only available in one region?
Sounds pretty good. I wish Amazon luck. It's better to have music on many good stores rather than just one store.
I've had my PB12" now for 3 years now. And I refuse getting a new notebook if it isn't at least as compact as the PB12". It's all about portability for me. My only demand is light weight. Hope they get the weight right. I can do without a superdrive, it's not a must have for me. However Apple had ideas for an upside down drive on the bottom of the notebook, to make it as small as possible. That would work for me. The only problem I guess is to make the cd door construction...
Leopardleopardleopard... yeah... but does the mac still freeze when waking up out of the network with net discs still mounted? Anyone knows? I don't understand why they didn't solve this to start with in Mac OS X 10.0...
Cool.
Is this what the new PowerBook 12" replacement has been waiting for all these years?
Yeah, it's not like 3G is only for web surfing. 3G is the whole thing, all connection types, from data to regular calls or video calls. And plus it typically must be backwards compatible with 2G networks so it must have a combo chip of some sort that can make connections on all bands.
I think that developing and releasing a sophisticated portable OS X with some great core apps, and then releasing a platform where the user is not allowed to use these great apps... is very sad. It would be like selling a Mac Mini and restricting users from using Final Cut Pro, or MAYA... just because it's supposed to be a consumer Mac. Even though we will surely shortly find a software market on iTunes where we can buy software and fill up the black void on the "iPhod's"...
Yeah that's nice.. I do that all the time in Live, and before that in Reason. But I do so much more than that in Live, that's why I refer to Mainstage as somewhat entry level compared to Live. A really visibly unchallenged way to manage and use software synths and effects via midi or whatever, especially for stage. I hate to lean forward to the computer to read the tiny Live UI font to fix stuff for example. But on stage, at least for me, it's normal to have means to play...