or Connect

Posts by palegolas

I think the biggest misconception about the Macbook is that it's a "Consumer product". It's not a consumer product! It's a really competent platform, stable, high quality screen, solid design, great performance, runs a stable OS and uses quality components. The only thing Consumer about this product is actually the lack of Firewire. The rest is just pure and sheer top of the line. Apple could actually introduce another notebook mimicking the MacBook Air specs and...
That's very clever! I actually don't remember when I used the Ethernet port on my notebook the last time... It must have been in May when I was backing up some 40GB towards an internal server. Ethernet adapter through USB is a solution whenever you need the raw Ethernet speed. --- I don't think the decision to drop the port was so hard after all: 1. Production cost is lower. 2. Apple's investigations SURELY show that consumers don't use FireWire at all. 3. If Apple manage...
I've thought about this FireWire issue, and come up with a couple of sane explanation on WHYYY THE H@LL FireWire is left out on the consumer notebook. - Apple has recognized that users with FireWire peripherals are users that will more likely spend more money on their computer. All FireWire peripherals cost a little more than its USB counterpart. So they want us to buy the premium product, so that they can sell the consumer product at a lower price to even more people,...
I actually think it would be possible to make a universal usb to firewire bridge if you do it at a system level. Everyone say it's impossible, but I think it's about effort, determination and smart software/hardware engineering. But I haven't heard of any one out today though. However this one pictured above is ONLY for connecting an NTSC DV camera. A separate version for connecting a PAL DV camera. That's how specific it gets. It gets messy with a lot of converters for...
If Firewire is dropped completely from the Consumer laptops it simply means that Apple has investigated the usage of FireWire amongst average consumers and come to a conclusion that they don't use it. They use USB peripherals and USB drives. Since FireWire fucked up with their inconsistency with port design lost a great deal of average consumers and peripherals to the USB side that has had the same port ever since its introduction. I prefer Firewire though, and I'm sad...
Even though I'm sure Apple could design an excellent hot swappable battery design for their iPhones without compromising the solid and compact design, this just means there must be simple guidelines of how to remove and replace the battery. Perhaps Apple could offer this service for free in the case of the consumer buying a new battery, or the consumer decides to recycle the product. This deal is first for the environment, and secondly for the consumer.
I think it's a little about timing and accuracy. If the timing is right, then what the heck, bring on the rumors. But if the timing is shaky, like the Asteroid audio device, then I think Apple will flex their muscles. These latest Brick rumors might be healthy if correct, and healthy if incorrect. It means people expect innovation from Apple. And rumors about new Macs are nothing to worry about. But a rumor with detailed information about Apple getting into a completely...
Thanks for the tip. I've only got new fresh apps though, and not many of them. (Two pages) There's about one crash a day (or more if I use the apps more). So I guess it's just like any computer platform with developers just getting started. They release buggy software, and optimize them over time.
When Apple presented iPhone, they casted the "iPhone guy", showing the real iPhone experience on video. I watched it, and months later when I got to try the iPhone the experience was matching the video. I was amazed. Never before (for me) has a product presentation lived up to its acclaims before. This Nokia phone sports a typical Nokia presentation. Flashy rotating phones with on screen mockup interface animation. Nokia have never managed to deliver a smooth user flow...
Nice. Sometimes web-apps are simply more stable and makes more sense than the native apps. All native iPhone apps I've tried so far have crash bugs. The Safari doesn't crash as often.