or Connect

Posts by palegolas

Yeah, absolutely. There are still a couple of questions, since it's so slim. What ports will be on board? I hope this machine is suitable for musicians. Many traveling musicians rely heavily on external sound cards connecting with FireWire. If this machine is so thin perhaps Apple either dropped FireWire all together, or went with the 4 pin connector FireWire port (that doesn't provide power supply) instead of the 6 pin FW. I'd rather use the 4 pin FW than no FW. The lack...
Perhaps it's the release of Leopard Touch. If the new sub notebooks are touch based they'll need a solid touch interface that differs somewhat from the existing interface. That would be pretty big.
The more I think of it, the more likely I think it seems with a touch based device. If indeed this notebook would have the same specs as a MacBook just thinner, less storage, less ports and no optical drive then it just wouldn't make sense. All specs would be equal or lower than a MacBook except for portability. It wouldn't be enough cool to justify a pro price tag or the device's place in the lineup. I think it must have a unique selling point, and I'm more and more...
These are hard days for the iPhone hack community. They didn't seem to manage to fully hack 1.1.2 safely in a month and now there's already 1.1.3 around the corner..
The iPhone really made a solid footprint in people's consciousness. I don't remember developers optimizing their sites for Safari or Macs.. but now they're optimizing them for iPhone. That's really cool.
The look and design is questionable.. but it makes sense when you tuck it away in that black case. The screen looks a little too gray on these photos.. it makes me wonder if it's a good screen to read from. Anyway, great that this thing gets so much attention. Perhaps it'll help the e-book to get going so that regular people start using the technology. I'd be interested... but I'd prefer an on screen touch keyboard so that the size could be optimized.
Yes, the $15 price tag is too high. If it really is premium material at that price tag I'd expect 720p, surround sound and some little extra material such as audio commentary and a subtitle tracks. But if they're allowed to raise prices for new material, they should be allowed to lower prices on older material. That would kind of balance it. No such luck though I guess. Rental at lower prices would be awesome. I'd definitely use that over buying. And of course.. world...
I think it's good that China says no to revenue sharing. Obviously it's not allowed by chinese law, and I think it's pretty harsh by Apple to go down this line to begin with. They're making money like SICK on these deals... so sick they should give away iPhones for free. It's crazy that they really pulled it off. It shows us where Apple stands today, amazing. But Apple is getting too cocky for its own good I think. It might hit back soon if they don't soften up and care...
The application is not about the "ring" itself, it's about the collapse function. And I don't think the ring is rotating with the small size disk. Isn't it just there to center the disk on insertion, and when the drive sticks the center pole into the disk to mount it, it lifts it a millimeter or so before rotation starts? On eject it lowers it again, releases it (into the "ring") and ejects it. I think it was really ignorant of Apple to rule out 8 mm discs when they...
What an awesome video! I like when big companies go lo fi, and it was really well explained. I think it's a useful function. I tried the same function back in 2003 or so when it was introduced in Sweden. Telia had it working already by then, and I must say it was pretty useful. I think it is likely that it'll show up in iPhone.