or Connect

Posts by palegolas

I was using FW for DV, but not anymore.. since I'm shooting directly to SD card, so this is not an issue. But I was planning to use the laptop frontmost as a stage computer for performing music, and on the go uses. My current audio interface (and in my opinion the best audio interfaces out there) are currently FW, so it's important to me to have FW. I'll eventually have to get a new audio card anyway, but I'd rather get a FW one. Also most of my external disks are FW....
I was looking forward to the Air being my secondary computer. But now (since it lacks FireWire) I'm anticipating the next generation MacBook Pro to be my main computer and the iPhone to be my secondary "computer". A little shift in strategy. It'll be a heavier burden on my sholders, and I won't bring it around as spontainiously as I would with the Air, but I guess that's just fine. For simple tasks I'll just use the iPhone.
The AIR rocks! I would actually go ahead and place an order for a MacBook Air, if it also had a firewire-port. I hate to admit it, but for me FW is right now a little more important than low weight. So I'll just have to wait for the next MBP, or consider a MB. And by the way, I don't think it's fair to (kind of) compare the Air's lack of FireWire with the toilet iBook... By then FireWire weren't as accessible and wide spread as today. So to keep it simple. Here's my...
The Air looks great to me. I'm considering it. Personally I'll miss out a FireWire port since most of my disks and audio card is FW. The USB protocol seems to draw more power and CPU and generate more heat in previous Mac notebooks, compared to the FireWire ports.
I agree. Mostly.. Weight, battery time and usability should come first. Not including a FW port was a really sad move for instance. I think that's the only thing I don't like with it though. I got a pb12, and I think 13" is better, but I don't see why they couldn't minimize the frame around the screen to make it just a tad less wide.
Yeah that's like the first thing I came to think of too... but it's really sad though to hear anyone talk about reading like this. It's so sad so it overcame my initial feeling of misdirection.. perhaps this way he REALLY mislead me.. I guess it would be possible to combine a great screen and an e-book screen.
Ok, I too think the Kindle is destined for failure. BUT, I believe books like Harry Potter show that the big gray mass read. And then students read, a LOT. And then, why not look at books like music? Q- How do we get people to listen to more music? A- We give them a great model that makes it easy to access and discover great music. The iPod/iTunes. Apple accelerated the music industry this way, and it certainly made me listen a lot more to music. The people at Kindle...
It's really neat, and slim.. and light weight.. but unnecessarily wide and deep It must have been possible to shrink away the phat borders on the side of the screen.
It's free for iPhone because they make so much money on iPhone because of their crazy deals with the operators. iPod touch doesn't generate any money in that same sense so I dunno... I still think this sucks though, because remember, this software update comes bundled with an OS and firmware upgrade, that is necessary to run their apps that will be sold on iTunes approximately a month from now that will generate a lot of money. Therefore Apple should show their good side...
I think it could be a multi port break out slot.