or Connect

Posts by palegolas

If it's extremely sturdy that's great. But I've heard more people having problems with MacBooks than with PowerBook G4 12". And the MacBook isn't compact. I'll wait a little longer. But it's good to know that it's sturdy though.
Yee, this is great! But... when is a compact and sturdy macbook coming? I refuse to buy a plastic notebook with a glass screen... feel like it's gonna break.
I don't think it's just a matter of personal taste. I think more importantly it's a matter of functionality. The new icons in the home folder are horrible when it comes to recognition. If you squint with your eyes just slightly they look identical to each other. There is no contrasting details that show us what they are for. Just a diffuse shadow figure on the folder icon. This way we must read the text, and can't navigate by image recognition. The folder icon design...
He tells us nothing with Leopard could be considered a major breakthrough, and at the same he tells us that the transparrent menu and the flat icons are annoying. It's such a strange approach... I think most of what's great with Leopard is probably not graphically visible at all, but is a real breakthrough for developers. The dev tools seems really like they've went through a breakthrough revamp. And much of what's going on under the hood. And what about graphics drivers,...
Well... perhaps it came out wrong... I totally agree it was unacceptable of the employees, that's not the issue here. We agree on that. But I mean that in a leader position you should take in account that there are probably a significant percentage of "weak" people in your company, and create a robust system from the start. It was easy to prevent this. A good model should help weak people do the right thing, not tempt them to be bad and then punish them. If Apple cares...
I agree it's totally lame of the employees leeching like this. BUT a system with glitches will be exploited, and I think it's the instance responsible for creating the system that has to take the full responsibility for what happens. They should have been aware of this prior to pulling it off, and in advance have sent out an e-mail to its employees warning them that Apple didn't have the authority to track down individuals to do this refund, but would appreciate if Apple's...
With the iPhone Apple is really stretching it... I'm sure they'll try stretch it as far as it goes in terms of revenue. But in the end they must draw a line between what will benefit Apple in terms of control and revenue and what's hurting the brand and reputation...
Yeah, and some number people aren't using the num pad at all. I asked a programmer friend of mine why he never seemed to use the num pad, and he was like "Uh... I don't know... isn't that for auditors and economists and such..?". I guess for a programmer to constantly move the fingers to the numpad whenever you're inserting numbers would take too much time. I only use the num pad occasionally... so I set myself up on the waiting list They sure took their time getting this...
First remember the prize is shared between two parties, Al Gore and his accomplishments, and the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. I think that the committee is using its position to help highlighting issues that they think should be dealt with more seriously by the world's leaders. Al Gore has had the unusual success to have succeeded in spreading this important interest in the climate change to a LOT of people of the world. And he has had the power to...
I'm not sure exatly why a tablet notebook in particular is essential for your studies, but the rumors has been pointing towards a very compact Apple notebook to surface sometime soon. No final word though on whether it be touchbook or just a small notebook with keyboard. But I think it's safe to assume that typing on a physical keyboard will be more effective than on a touchbook, which leads me to believe a keyboard based notebook would be more suited for studies. Though...