or Connect

Posts by palegolas

- Leopard, 1 hour. - Software brief: iLife, iWork, Final Cut Studio with ProRes etc, 30 minutes. - iPhone, both for consumers and developers, 45 minutes. - New portable products with Santa Rosa. 20 minutes. - Screening of new commercials 10 minutes. - Presenting their complete lineup and new prices, comparsion charts etc, 15 minutes. - Guest appearances Adobe, some at&t guy, pro video guy, x-code guy, 20 minutes. (Which includes the return of the Photoshop benchmark...
Well, it might be obsolete, but that's only because of poor project managing. And perhaps you don't fully realize what this app can be used for. I'm not a programmer, and yet I can do really useful applications with Director. And I can do it fast. That's where its strenght lies. It's easy to program because of Lingo. Flash is a pain to program for us non programmers, I think. It's hard to learn and its grammar is too non humane. And Director isn't primarily for the web,...
I got a G4 powerbook 12". It is STILL unrivalled when it comes to mobility and design in Apple's lineup. I'm still awaiting the next compact portable from Apple, be it a notebook, tablet or whatever. The current MacBook just doesn't cut it, too big, too heavy, graphics a tad too low, glossy screen.. no thanks. I hope the release of Santa Rosa involves some new compact Mac portable that can finally replace and outshine the legendary PowerBook 12".
I'm somewhat worryed about Director. It's such a great app for creating quite complex project really easily. The second Adobe took over Macromedia I got worried they'd cut Director out and push for Flash. Let's hope they have something great in line for Director. It's a great app, but it's in desperate need of a HUGE update. Especially the Mac version. Adobe likely prioritized the CS3 apps first. Now that they're out perhaps they can release some man power to work on...
That's the strategy Microsoft practices.. it would be a bad move.
Ok, first, if Leopard is as revolutionary as Apple wants us to think, then it's probably a really strange build that they're seeding to the developers. A mixed build that has a lot of Tiger still in it. I can imagine a couple of bugs are sprouting from that procedure too. But ok. Leopard will come as 10.5. And a month or two later there will be the first 10.5.1 update. The 10.5 will have bugs, yes.. but doesn't every major release contain a handful of bugs? 30 more or...
I like the commercial! It reminds me of one of the first iPod commercials, with that guy starting to dance at home =) But... I'm not usually picky like this, but let's be picky for a change, hehe: Has this Apple TV a wireless connecttion to the TV? All I see is the power cable. And the white power-on-diode is not lit. So is the Apple TV on at all? Or perhaps it's powered via HDMI? That would be something =)
I'd consider a 3G phone the day there is an operator that can offer me data transfer at a set monthly fee. Not charge per MB. I know this is just about happening this year, but still: until it happens I have no interest in 3G, and I think an Edge iPhone with wifi is good enough.
I also think Apple's gonna choose a dual drive, it would be the best consumer choise since Microsoft won't give up over the PS3 Blu-Ray install base. But what's the rush.. the iTunes store will have more movies to offer than either BR or HD-DVD will offer for some time. I bet Apple will try and push people in that direction initially. Not that they're HD but.. it's all ready for HD, and the Apple TV plays 720p. I bet Apple will introduce their first HD downloads when...
"about an exciting new digital offering" sounds like a little announcement. I'm sure Beatles on iTunes is a big announcement for a lot of people, but for me it's just another release. A little announcement. But why would Steve Jobs be there to tell a crowd of journalists that The Beatles is now on iTunes? That sounds too small a news piece for Steve to fly over to London. In order of it being an "exciting" offering I think the announcement should include a little surprise....