or Connect

Posts by palegolas

I'm one of them too waiting for CS3 before I'm upgrading to an intel mac. Now it's close enough so I'm about to upgrade. Unfortunately I'm also awaiting After Effects. It'll be a pain to use After Effects under Rosetta in the meanwhile... But according to Appleinsider After Effects 8 will be released in the end of June.
That Blackberry pearl thing.. I look at it and read about it and it's just a regular "smart phone" now isn't it? And what about iCal on the iPhone? Steve flashed the calendar icon but never showed it to us, right? I'm sure we can expect a fully functional iCal on the phone. And it's OS X so it'll be easy to incorporate a PDF viewer and even a Keynote viewer. And once iPhone is out it'll probably take just a couple of days before the hacking community has hacked it and...
But what about Director? I'm still waiting for a Mac accelerated Director. It's been aßß slow on Mac since always... I hope they're doing something good with it.
1. Who knows, they might introduce 3G for the european launch. 3G is after all available in Europe. And after all... it's a year from now we're talking about. 2. I guess Apple will start with letting 3d party developers develop widgets to the phone. You could do some really nifty "apps" with Widgets. I guess they'll eventually introduce iPhone apps to be purchased from the iTunes store. 3. I hope they won't lock the phone to one provider here in Europe... like vodafone or...
Tough shit Apple..change the name of the device and get over with it already. Luckily it seems like there's no "iphone" text or logo on the actual device yet.
I hope that when the iPhone comes to Europe... in a year from now or so... it won't be stuck to one operator only. I think it wouldn't work over here. I hope, hope, hope they'll leave it up to the consumer to choose its operator of choice. It'll stop a lot of potential customers from buying if they can't use the company's phone operator, or their personal phone operator of choice.
It's fab and I want it and all that. But when is the real widescreen iPod with 30-60GB coming out? 4-8GB doesn't work for a lot of movies, photos and songs. It still doesn't beat my 3 years old(?) 10GB iPod in terms of what I use it most for, listening to my music library.
Glad to hear Adobe is well into development of version 8. I was really disappointed when I realized version 7 was PPC only. Good news.
Nintendo is currently the Apple of videogames. They drive the inovation in my opinion. If Apple chooses to really compete in the gaming industry, who will they compete with? Nintendo or Sony? I think they could have a chance of accomplishing something in the portable sector but I think what they're really going after is something simpler.. like an extension of what they're already doing. For instance, once their "Mini OX X" is out on a few products, they can create a...
One funny side note is that almost instantly after LG showed their ultra portable concept laptop rumors of an ultra portable mac laptop emerges... sounds like some mac fan or some leaker at apple didn't like the blow.