or Connect

Posts by palegolas

So what's the big difference from a normal iMac here..? Is it the Intel GMA 950 graphics that makes it cheap and somewhat dull? I guess it's good enough for schools, and that's great.
Hahaha...
I read general tech news daily like every other tech geek here I guess. Apple gets HUGE coverage in most tech news sites. Probably partly because they know presentation, and most other computer manufacturers don't. And I have janked the cord by mistake at least a couple of times. Once the pbook actually flew off the desk. Heart stopped. I'm sure every detail that avoids bending and janking improves on long time reliability. But of course it's got other aspects as well as...
Macs are still different hardware even though they share the same processor. The Macbook is in a way just a notebook pc, sure, but it clearly stands out in the world of ugly notebook computers. It feels unique. And the MacBookPro too. I've never even heard of another notebook PC with motion sensors to protect the harddrive, a keyboard that automatically lights up in the dark, a magnetic cable to protect the common "stumble on the notebook power cable" problem. And the...
Isn't Merom 64 bit and Yonah 32 bit? Or did I get it wrong (again=) ? That would make a big enough difference for HD video, image and audio professionals wouldn't it?
1 minute of audio: Uncompressed 16 bit 44 KHz stereo = 10,2 MB Apple Lossless = 6,7 MB AAC 128 kbit = 1 MB AAC 256 kbit = 2 MB (ta taa) AAC 512 kbit = 4 MB? (eh...) I think the bottleneck of today's poor digital audio quality is the 16 bit 44 KHz. Offering downloads in CD quality will not create a revolution, it will just sound exactly like a damn CD, which is far from as good as it could be. It would be much better to make a next generation compressed audio...
I'd love to learn Shake too. Though I don't really know what for yet I'm an animator/filmmaker so I guess I would find use for it. I could imagine a future Shake be implemented in a more full featured Motion. Perhaps somewhat like Soundtrack is intergrated in Final Cut Pro. I guess Motion isn't directly a threat against After Effects. Perhaps a merge between Motion and Shake would pose a threat? I dunno...
I hope we'll see rental rather than purchase to own when it comes to feature films. Unlike with music, renting movies is a great business. I just want to rent a movie for a week or so for say $1-4, see it and then trash it. That would really compete with illegal torrent activity.
"None-touch" could mean voice navigation. Didn't Apple apply for some voice navigation patents recently?
I would go macbook thin if it had a dedicated gpu and a good display, which it probably won't have neither of. I would consider a macbook if it had a dedicated gpu and a good display too. MacBookPro 15 is too heavy, but I need that gpu since I'm working with gfx and video all the time. My line, powerbook 12, is ended and not replaced. Just when I need to update. Dang...