or Connect

Posts by palegolas

CoverFlow in iTunes 7 is nice, but the new advanced browser modes only works in the library, and not on connected devices (such as iPods)... which is crap, cuz I've got all my music on my iPod, and none on my computer. So these new browser modes do me nothing (I've got a powerbook, that's why I can't have any music on my hard drive.. it's full of work, all the time, and Photoshop is eating gig after gig each time I work with it.. so.. )
You now, he DID after all run The Incredibles in HD when he was demoing the thing.. so perhaps there will be a future HD downloading feature? Or you can stream the BR-Disc data right over to the iTV to be decoded there. When watching the Apple HD trailers you can see that 6000-9000kbps h.264 video is delivering pretty decent video. That's by no means hard to stream over airport. I don't know the bitrate of a typical BR-disc movie, but I think it will be possible to stream...
"Video on demand" sounds like it's not streaming after all.
Äsh.. the 17 incher still has the antique monitor from the G4 era, with 140° horizontal x 120° vertical viewing angle. The 20" has 170° horizontal x 170° vertical, and the new 24" has 178° horizontal x 178° vertical. I wanna spend the big buck on the external monitor, not on the built in one.. so that's why I'm interested in a 17" imac. But still I think it's the viewing angle isn't good enough for its price on the 17" model. That's the one I'm interested in... 20" is too...
Well... it's about streaming the video file to the box, not the video signal. Then the box will decode the video file on the fly and send out the video and audio signal. Just like airport express works with iTunes. iTunes reportedly sends out all audio in Apple Lossless format to the airport express, and the airport express decodes it and sens out the audio signal. If the new device supports HD what will it take? The HD trailers on apple.com play at decent quality at about...
I just hope they fix the 17 inch model while they're at it. It's been using the same display since the G4 17 inch iMac.. and I'm telling you, its viewing angle isn't near as good as on the other displays. Other than that Merom seems good. Good stuff.
To buy-download a compressed movie for $15 or $10.. it's a little too much. That's not too far from what they cost already in a store, with nice booklets and shiny print on the disc and stuff. It's a bad deal for everyone, because it won't sell well enough. I guess it's the movie industry that is afraid they'll loose money on it if they go too low, where instead they will earn money. And then we have Steve who likes the download-to-own model.. This WOULD work if there...
Dang... I don't wanna buy expensive movies online. I wanna rent them cheap! I still hope for rental.
I thought that Zune was the name for the whole thing, not just the device. Huh?
I'm hoping they just don't smack the new Core 2 into the existing Mac Book Pro and start calling it a quantum leap or anything. I hope they've taken their time during this year to redesign the motherboard and optimize it all so that it won't be another frying pan hot laptop. Intel is boasting a lot about the low temperature operation, low wattage and stuff, let's hope Apple can match it with the rest of the computer. And also, I like the existing Mac Book Pro design but...