or Connect

Posts by ApplePi

I think Apple is going to be more conservative with hardware updates for the iPhone. I see it happening every two years to coincide with service contracts from AT&T. Plus how many people would be really upset if Apple brought out a 3G version by this Christmas. Not going to happen, it's too soon. They haven't even worked out all the bugs on the current model. Plus I think Apple is going to try and be more consistent with the iPhone then even the ipod. Because it is...
Is Apple going to make the same mistake twice? When Apple first began making computers they were expensive and a closed platform to developers. As a result cheaper PC's running windows and open to developers took off in the mainstream and even today Windows holds the heavy market share and Apple is a niche player. The iPhone, unlike the iPod (which is just a media player) is more of a platform in itself. Like a little mac in your pocket. Over the next year or two the...
I'm looking at the 12" powerbook. I really like the size and the aluminum finish. I like the fact that it has a dedicated graphics card. But I'm a little concerned about buying old tech. I'll mostly be using it for wireless web browsing and watching DVD's. But there will be times I'll have special purposes for it and that will include light Photoshop and video work. I mostly work with Photoshop and After Effects. I don't have a problem running older versions of this...
Interesting. I haven't chosen either format yet. But I just recently got my first HDTV and haven't had much use for the HD part so far. I really don't care who wins. In fact I don't think either will. I don't really think most people care that much. Not to say that HD is just a flash in the pan, but I think this is going to be one of those things that will take ten years. Where slowly and slowly you start seeing HDDVD/blu-ray playback added to DVD players rather then a big...
One step at a time I guess.But I have to ask, why should video be any different even if its had DRM in the past? Just because that wasn't how it was set up before doesn't mean things could and probably should change,
I don't get what's wrong with these people, seriously. I have sprint with a Samsung A900 phone and I really have no complaints about it as a phone. Quality, reception and customer service are all good. But I sure as heck don't try to use it as an MP3 player because it sucks. i just don't get why all these companies are so clueless. Why does common sense and usability seem to fly out the window? Do these people even use the products they make? 64MB's!!! what a joke....
The diagonal black line used to happen to me in regular coverflow view until I upgraded video cards. Now I don't get it. Haven't check with this new itunes though.
I don't think it's a matter of if the iPhone succeeds as much as it's a matter of if the Zune succeeds. I don't think there is any doubt the iPhone will succeed. But Microsoft is testing the waters with the Zune to see if they can pull off an iPod-like cultural following. If they can I don't see any reason why they shouldn't try a mobile phone of their own. Could anyone really blame them?
I agree with josa92. The shuffle is the odd one out of the lot because it doesn't have a screen or menu system. I personally wouldn't want iTunes to just dump everything on the shuffle, especially long podcasts that you typically only listen to once. In fact I'd go so far as to say Apple should have never even called it an iPod to begin with. It lacks the signature iPod menu system and the clickwheel and as a result a lot of the more complex things an iPod can do. Yes it...
Thanks. I'm old enough to be thankful if people don't recognize I'm a year older. But man, it would be nice for Apple to drop us a new iPod. That's the one piece of hardware I'm really looking forward to now, and it would have been a nice birthday surprise. Maybe I'll just have to get one of those pretty new shuffles instead. That green and orange one are looking good.