or Connect

Posts by ApplePi

Size shouldn't be the only factor. We've seen from the rest of the PC industry that even 17" laptops can sell for under $1000. So I don't think you can really convince anyone that a bigger screen should mean more money. It really has to come down to a better build (aluminum body) and better internal components like video cards and stuff. Personally though I think the macbook pros are overpriced to begin with. They really should come with a lot more then they do at the...
Well it's not coming today unfortunately. I don't think Apple would want to share the spotlight with the Super Bowl. Plus the Super Bowl is halfway over already. Too bad really. Today is my birthday, would have been a nice birthday present.
I don't think you can count on a 12". Does anyone even make a 12" widescreen LCD panel that is at least 1280x800? Because you know Apple isn't going to release a non-widescreen laptop. The days of 4:3 monitors are gone. I think the best you'll get is a 13.3 inch, same size as the macbook.
They can have a bigger screen without it being a touchscreen. And I think they will. But I think that if they made the 6G just like the iPhone but with a big hard drive and no phone, a lot of people won't buy the iPhone. I know I wouldn't. I would care much more for capacity then phone service. Especially if everything else was the same. So I think for that reason they will make the 6G iPod without a touch screen but still possibly make it a 3 or 3.5 inch widescreen...
What do you think the chances are the 6G iPod will be like the nano or the shuffle, made in aluminum and perhaps available in multiple colors?. Considering how bad my 5G scratches I'd love that. Plus a little color would be kind of nice. Or who here thinks it will get the iPhone case design instead? It's a hard call for me personally. If Apple designs the 6G iPod to look just like the iPhone, they run the risk of people confusing the two, and I get the impression Apple...
I totally agree that a single device will always beat a multifunction device in terms or overall quality and use. No doubt. But over time as things get more advanced the standard always gets raised. So a camera phone tomorrow may take better pictures then a dedicated camera does today. The thing is Nokia and Sony Ericsson and Samsung can do it with their models. Just look at this unit: http://mb.softbank.jp/mb/en/product/3g/705nk/index.html 3.2 megapixel with a carl...
I'm not holding out much hope for this thing. It's two megapixels sure, but just from how tiny that hole is up top I can only guess the quality is going to be as good as your typcial cell phone, in other words, grainy, blurry, horrible color and so on. Higher megapixels does not automatically equal higher quality. Seeing what Sony Ericsson and Samsung are doing with their higher end camera phones in terms of real flashes, zoom lenses and better quality imaging chips,...
The iphone would have been perfect in my opinion if they would have just added a big hard drive instead of a measly 4-8gigabytes. Even if they would have done this it would not have cannibalized ipod sales because the iphone is nearly twice the price and those who want everything in one would pay it. Plus don't forget the iphone is more then just a widescreen ipod with a phone, it also lets you browse the internet via wifi and if Apple were to create a widescreen ipod that...
The iPhone is almost perfect to me, all it's missing is an 80gig hard drive, T-Mobile support and that built in camera isn't looking too hot (I have a feeling it's pictures are going to look like all those other crappy cell phone cameras - high res but not good quality. Not enough to replace a real digital point and shoot camera).
I feel the same way. I want to use it with T-Mobile. If all I lose is visual voicemail that's fine with me. I never had it to begin with. So it looks like I'll be buying one of these iphones off ebay unlocked. The big question is, what's it going to cost to buy an unlocked iphone from an importer? Obviously it's going to cost more, but I wonder how much more.