or Connect

Posts by ApplePi

So the Mac mini only has one firewire jack. If only it had two. Basically I need to capture video from a DV camera to a large and fast external hard drive. I know USB 2.0 drives exist but I've heard they aren't good to use with digital video for whatever reasons. Is anyone hear capturing DV with a USB 2.0 hard drive? Any dropped frames or poor performance? What kind of drive do you recommend? What about if I used a firewire hub and hooked the camera and firewire...
Hey everyone I'm planning to get a mac mini the first half of this year. But I noticed it doesn't have a line-in or mic jack on it. Kind of odd. As I cut video and sometimes need to record audio from tape decks, minidiscs and my mixer I need a way to get audio into this thing. I'm thinking there has to be a good USB2.0 solution right? I don't want to use firewire since I'll have to use that for an external harddrive and to hook up my miniDV camera (which is another...
All of these companies are lining themselves up for what they really need right now, which is content. Within 5-20 years it won't matter if your company produces the best hardware on the market or the best OS. Because if people can't download music and movies and play games on that hardware they'll buy something different and perhaps not as good. Content is the bread and butter of the industry right now. Apple currently has huge gains in the online music world. Steve is...
The CEO of Sony (the guy on stage) has said in the past that he doesn't care for Windows at all. I think that if given the chance Sony would make mac clones. But Apple doesn't want that anymore. So Sony is suck trying to make a buck in the PC world. Because that's what they do, make money. However Sony has gotten out of control. They are too big for themselves. They have divisions taking other divisions to court about issues rather then all working together. On one hand...
1. Please discontinue the combo drive. It seems like it's only being used to cripple less expensive systems so more expensive systems look more attractive. Dual layer/dual format DVD burners are now breaking the $100 price barrier. There is no reason why a computer costing over $1000 should come with anything less then a superdrive at this point. 2. Slot loading drives. It's not that big of a deal but some people do actually use 3 inch CDR's and even 3 inch DVDR's like...
So nobody knows then or what? Maybe they just aren't available?
Hey guys where can I find Steve Jobs Keynote videos from previous macworlds and conferences? Something I can download and save to my machine. Perferably in higher resolution then the streaming ones on the apple site. Thanks
How is flash a competitor to quicktime? They're two different things. Quicktime is a video player with some fancy little 3d VR photo deal(which is neat but doesn't make it a sudden competitor to flash) and flash is a complete graphic based web design system. As far as the idea I know I couldn't submit it to Apple. But I figured maybe they read these boards and might pick up on it. It wouldn't be the same as watching a video of OSX. It would be a way of getting a feel for...
Apple should create a flash based version of OS X for windows users to play with online. To see how they like the way that the OS works. Obviously it wouldn't work near the actual depth of the OS, but it would give an idea of how the navigating is done. A way to play around with desktop a little bit. They could put it under the OSX or the Switch area's of the website. [ 02-09-2003: Message edited by: ApplePi ]

Looks excellent. I would definitely get one. It would win over alot of PC users as well. My friends don't like the look of quicksilver or any previous powermac. They think they look like toys. A machine like this would definitely go over well with them and others who prefer a more machine/systematic design. I must admit this is the best powermac design I've ever seen. If Apple passes a design like this up then there is something wrong with them. The trend in design lately...