or Connect

Posts by ApplePi

Ok, step into lala land with me for a minute. Here is what I envision to be my dream tablet. 1. It starts with a revolutionary new screen that is as dense in pixels as a modern camera sensor. Think ten megapixels per square inch. The screen runs to the very edge of the tablet on all sides. 2. Like an oled display, every other pixel can either emit light or passively display color like a spot of ink. The pixel next to it captures light with a microscopic lens attached to...
Lets not forget what the invitation looks like guys. It's a bunch of colored paint spots on a rounded corner thin border. "Latest Creation" is used in the invite. Whatever this thing is, they are basically suggesting that it will be a creation device. The iPhone and iPod are not really creation devices, they are more like consumption devices. Sure there are some creation apps (photo apps, productivity, ect) but I have a hard time believing this tablet won't be used for...
...An OLED screen or a wacom penable digitizer multi-touch LCD screen? Assuming you had to pay $1000 for the tablet. Just curious
I'd go for that. Just not those prices. Drop each by $200 and you're talking.
I just don't see this thing being a device you share with the family. Even if Apple intends it to be. We no longer live in the age of the family computer. We now live in the age of personal computers for everyone. Especially when we're talking about portable devices. However if you're talking about a new system that allows people to share stuff between multiple tablets, that's another story. Like some kind of proximity system that can detect tablets near each other and...
I'm a little curious where everyone is getting this $999 number. That seems awfully high. This isn't a phone, it doesn't need a phone radio or GPS built in. It doesn't need a proximity sensor. It doesn't even need a multi-megapixel still camera, just a simple front facing isight will do. Apple currently sells the unibody macbook for $999. It features a core2duo, 9400M, keyboard, glass trackpad, 13" LED LCD screen, big battery, superdrive, 2GB DDR3, 250GB HD, wifi n,...
You guys are dreaming if you think it's going to be OLED. Apple is more likely to introduce OLED to the iphone first. Price and Cost. Do you all forget that Apple doesn't jump on the newest technology right away? Look at their blu-ray support for proof of that. What Apple does best is take existing technology and repackage it with amazing software at a profitable price. That's how they run their business. This will be LCD and you'll all love it because it...
I agree with what some of you are saying here. I don't think games with be the focus or even "a" focus. Like the iphone and ipod I think they will be a surprise success if anything. There will certainly be games for such a tablet device, but not sold as a core gaming machine. The biggest reason is price and size. The games are so popular on the iphone/ipod because people already own those for other reasons. So spending a few bucks of a decent quality game to play while...
Yeah I can't see apple releasing a tablet without stylus support. The more I think about it too, the more I think they might have an option to buy one on contact with a wireless company. My logic is that most people complain about apples prices, this is a way to bring that upfront price down. After all they have been really successful with the iPhone, the may want to try and repeat that success with a totally new type of computer platform. Something somewhere between a...
Just some thoughts on the new event announcement. I'm thinking Apple is looking to release a new piece of art software to compete on the low end and another to compete on the high end. Lets think about this for a minute. Apple puts a lot of software focus on art and content creation. They have iMovie and FCP for the video side, Garage Band and Logic for the audio side, iPhoto and Aperture for the photography side. But what do they offer for drawing and art...