or Connect

Posts by ApplePi

Well they better have a contract free version for well under $1000 otherwise there are a lot of people who won't be buying. Last thing I need in my life is another monthly bill.
I could see apple offering 3G support as an option. But I think for the most part they are going to look at a device like this as more of a home/office kind of device. In other words not something like an iPhone you are going to have in your pocket while at a restaurant or something. So no need for it to have internet outside of a wifi hotspot. Personally I'd like to see the followng features: Long battery life 10" mutlitouch screen Pressure sensitive stylus...
We tried that, it didn't work. I just reinstalled the OS.
Hey guys, my girlfriend just bought a last generation open box aluminum macbook from micro center. Machine is great overall, came with Leopard on it. But the admin account name is "Valued Customer" and she wants to change it to her own. We can't figure it out. We go into system preferences as Admin (the only admin account that exists), go into "accounts" and unlock it and change the name to her name. Yet in the finder next to the little house icon it doesn't change to...
What? Who gives a crap about the Beatles. Why all the focus on the Beatles? I mean yeah they were a decent band, but there are so many other good bands out there too. They aren't a big deal anymore. Just go buy the CD's if you don't already have them. I'd rather have the camera on the ipods.
Why does AppleInsider feel the need to bundle stories together, it just makes all the comments go all over the place. How about one article per news piece please. As for the iPods, does anyone think the new touches will include GPS?
I am there with you except for the last part. I really think it should be a smaller screened macbook minus the keyboard. Especially if they're thinking about charging $700-800 bucks for the thing.
That timeframe doesn't seem impossible. In fact it almost seems reasonable. It's not like Apple needs some big new toy to announce at Macworld anymore. So the need to wait till next year might be unjustified. We also know they refresh their iPods in September and if the tablet is considered an iPod style product they might just release it then. Also if Steve Jobs is back to work they're going to want to get him out there making a keynote with something new and exciting...
I've noticed over the last several years that pretty much every mac vs pc argument always finds the pc people using hardware cost as the defining difference. It's always "I can get a ----- with ----- and ---- and 4gigs of ram for ----- less then a crapple system." Why doesn't anyone seem to notice or debate the fact that OS X is a better OS? Also that there are all these great little applications you just can't find for windows/linux. How about that everything...
Just curious how many design firms are non mac based? I work for a web design / media company that employs about 60 people and we are PC based. My boss is cheap and thinks macs are a rip off. Although half of our creative department brings their own macbooks to work, most don't use them for work. Are there any numbers that can be given or benefits that can be shown to give the boss incentive to go mac? Or is he right, are macs really just a rip off for what we do? What...