or Connect

Posts by ApplePi

Ok, I understand the numbers between CDMA and GSM usage worldwide. But really how hard would it be fore Apple to release a CDMA iphone and a GSM iphone? Other companies don't seem to have an trouble making 2 versions of the same phone in either GSM or CDMA in order to cover multiple carries. Sure CDMA might be going out of style but you'd be a moron to think it's going to be within the next 5 years. Try 10 or 15 years. There is a lot of infrastructure and money that would...
Never gonna happen. Apple is not a PC gaming company. This should be apparent by the fact that mac minis and macbooks have integrated graphics. PC gamers will also never accept macs. Most PC gamers have a very gawdy sense of style. They want a system that looks like it was designed by a 16 year old boy, hence Alienware or the like. Apple is a sophisticated computer company who caters to designers, artists and simple home users. Not testosterone pumped teenage boys who...
Ok so I've got my tax incentive check and I'm looking to buy a mac again. Been a year since I've owned one. I was originally thinking about buying a used Macbook, since they can be found on ebay for around $650-900. I don't need anything really speedy but I really want something that can run Final Cut Pro and all the pro apps here and there. I also want a built in superdrive and a decent sized hard drive and amount of ram. I don't and can't spend over $1100 on this...
Ok good to know. Well hopefully this is a feature Apple adds soon enough. I think people are looking for reasons these days to buy new computers beyond just speed bumps and something like this could really take off.
What's the chance the new iMac has a touchscreen and Apple is waiting for Leopard to be released to reveal this? Sort of a secret killer feature.
Everything about the iPhone but with a hard drive. Especially wifi internet browsing.
I agree with you that adding more capacity to a screenless device is kind pointless. I only typically use about half the space on my current shuffle, until recently that is when I put an uncompressed album on it. But still how many people do that? Even so marketing is all about buzzwords and numbers and if Apple wants to keep selling shuffles next to all the other cheapo players out there they need to keep upping the storage limit. 1.5GB isn't going to happen, that's just...
Guys Apple has done it before, release new ipods while a student discount is going on. Doesn't hurt them. Think about it. If you had to buy a new mac for school and Apple gave you a free $200 off toward last years iPods, would you not take one? If you got a 4gig nano it would be free or only $50 for a 30gig video. Even if the new ones were out and you were buying a new laptop you would be stupid to pass that up. I mean who here is going to say "Just give me the mac, I...
Just because AppleInsider believes the mini is on it's way out doesn't mean Apple does. Sounds to me like it isn't. It got a nice little refresh. Oh and what is a "titbit"?
Honestly I was a fan of the chin, but with this design, maybe they should have just gone chinless so it would match a studio display. For dual monitors without a big difference in look.