or Connect

Posts by bikertwin

Yes, but what do those people think of those Kindles after they've owned them for 6 months and compared them to their friends'/coworkers' iPads? Sure, Fires are great for video watching and book reading--nice and compact--but you can't do productivity apps well because the screen is too small. Or, at least, you can't use it almost as your main machine the way you can with an iPad. If Fire owners want to do much more than consume media on their Fires (and I'm guessing the...
This faster processor, much faster graphics processor, and high-res screen will enable apps like iMovie (and iPhoto!) to really shine on a tablet. Imagine the software possibilities! Hardware is just an enabler for great software. And text in Pages will look like print. The fonts will be gorgeous. Keynote presentations will be just incredible. iBooks will look like you're reading a real book, the resolution will be so high.
Except that iPads will replace PC's, not complement them. So MS's cash cow will now be but a trickle if they compete price wise with iWork. And I'm not ill, thanks.55 million people are doing just fine without Office on their iPads. People are discovering it really isn't necessary:...the slow, growing sense of the irrelevance of Microsoft...
It's called an iPhone, zunx.Develop your presentation on your iPad or MacBook Pro. Sync it to iCloud. You're iPhone's in your pocket; take it out. Open Keynote on your phone. VoilÃ*. Give your presentation right from your phone. Keynote even gives you a laser pointer. I've done it; it's amazing.
Um, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote have the exact same features on the iPhone as the iPad. There's no reason for Office to be iPad only. Pricing will be very interesting. Apple wins no matter what. Even if MS prices it the same as iWork ($9.99/app), Apple gets a 30% cut (or perhaps MS can negotiate that lower). But MS is used to making $150 or more for the suite.
That's brilliant!
No, it's so they can reduce headcount. In a few years, the food will be prepared by iChefs and delivered by iServers, and the "restaurants" will be completely unmanned. Like eating in a factory.
It's just like the iPhone and iPad Retina displays. HD tv scales up pixel perfect to 4k resolution, doesn't it? Sharp just announced a 4k tv at CES. Isn't Sharp rumored to be Apple's display partner? Nothing wacky here. It all fits together.
Remember Apple took that charge a while back for investing in "display technology"? 4k fits perfectly into the timeline. Apple TVs have been hack to run arbitrary iOS apps recently. Did you read about how all of Apple's apps displayed fine on a tv monitor? Siri's still in beta--what is Apple holding back? Voice recognition. All the pieces fit together.
I'm sorry, exactly how many 4k TVs do you have? Apple Retina TV. Itunes Retina content. Siri currently only does speech recognition. What if it did voice recognition? Only your voice would control your tv.