or Connect

Posts by bikertwin

Maybe a new small PowerBook will be 13.3" like the purported new iBook, but will be thinner, lighter, have PCMCIA, and a higher screen resolution (more pixels per inch)?
You answered your own question: "because everybody else is doing it." That's not what Apple does.
Ouch! I won't even repeat it.
A touchscreen subnotebook/tablet/superPDA/superPod would be killer. Wireless USB, WiFi, Bluetooth, no modem, no optical drive, suuuuuuuuuuper thin, no keyboard. It could even act as a Mac mini / Mac DVR remote. OK, it's a fantasy. Maybe TWO models shown at MWSF: the mini/DVR/homeTheater thingy and the iBooks. PowerBooks announced but not shipping yet.
Ah, he's a switcher; cut 'im some slack.
Well, I rarely use headphones with my Mac. And I don't listen to music on it late at night, so I don't turn the volume down. [rant on] I wish I could just turn that damn sound off PERMANENTLY without resorting to hacks. Oh, and that damn blinking notebook sleep light. Geez, that's annoying at night. Great idea, but again, let me turn the damn thing off already--or at least make it less bright when it's dark out. [rant off] I can only hope the MacinTels will solve these...
Not if your wife is sleeping in the next room and you need to reboot your machine after installing a system update that you downloaded late at night. Yeah, you could turn your volume down or unplug the speakers, but who remembers? Not me, unfortunately. Negative spouse points.
How does Apple sell so many iPods? It's just a commodity MP3 player.
Good post. That all makes a lot of sense. My only concern now is XBox and IBM's chips. Is Microsoft trying to become Apple (integrated hardware and software vendor) and trying to dump Dell & HP by using the Xbox as The New Home Computer? Has Apple moved to Intel just as Microsoft moves away? Yeah, it's a long shot, but interesting to think about.
Yeah, I don't believe those June 2006 rumours at all. They're about as believable as PowerPage's rumor that FireWire is going away in the new iBooks. Unless Apple makes some sort of converter for all those DV cameras out there that come with Firewire connectors, there's no way Firewire can be abandoned on Macs. (iPods, obviously, are a different story.) And a subnotebook/superPDA/super-iPod is on my wishlist, too.