or Connect

Posts by bikertwin

Ouch.
Apparently it's a package within a package and not a true database:http://www.studio2f.com/misc/2005/12...mpressions.php
Oh, I was just referring to the MacIntel Mac mini as CosmoNut put it: "iMedia" with TV and/or movie downloads from iTMS. Major functionality update, not just switching out a G4 for an Intel chip. Hook it up to your widescreen TV rather than a computer monitor. Maybe Apple will announce a TV monitor along with it. That would be a big deal, no? Apple going head-long into consumer electronics, beyond just the iPod. Although as you say, PowerBooks would be sweet, too. The more...
Oh, and the (non-)announcement that AppleWorks is officially dead. iWork will ship on all new consumer Macs.
--Macintel iBooks (99% probability) --Macintel PowerBooks (announcement, if not shipping) (70%) --Macintel Mac mini with movie downloads--DVR doesn't fit into Apple's model (80%) --No Macintel iMac or Macintel Power Mac (99%) --iWork 06 with Spreadsheet and very simple database (maybe requires Tiger) (99%) --iLife 06 with iPhoto grabbing some light features from Aperture, maybe requiring Tiger for some features (99%) --One more thing: Super thin/light/small super-iPod/PDA...
If you had a tool that would allow you to look inside employee's brains and it would only detect thoughts about actions that were competing with you, would you use it? Would you want it used on you? BTW, I am not in any way defending what that employee did (assuming the story is true). Just your method of finding out. Sometimes, technology is not the answer.
Are you sure something didn't go wrong? I just copied one of my iPhoto libraries to an external drive. Then copied it back to the original drive. Everything seems fine. I can even "Revert to Original" on an image I changed before copying it over. Was that a one-time thing, or is it reproducible for you? Also, what about selecting your library in iPhoto and clicking the Burn button. Does that not work?
Yeah, they probably will. All the video-based pro apps share the same underlying GUI framework. Aperture probably shares this, so similar features will probably be in the next versions of FCP, DVDSP, Motion, Compressor, Soundtrack, and LiveType. Similarly, new apps in iWork (spreadsheet? database?) should look very much like Pages and Keyword. Seems like Apple has at least 3 levels of app GUIs: iLife iWork Pro apps
My use of "as in" before each section of text that was between quote marks meant that I was not quoting you, but rather defining what "should/shouldn't" meant in each context. For example: -- read, as in "I read the book yesterday" -- read, as in "I read the book every day" Those two examples are not quoting anybody; they're defining the word "read" in each case (pronounced "red" and "reed", respectively). That's what I was doing for "should/shouldn't"--I was defining the...
In terms of cost & time-to-market, I think the spreadsheet in iWorks 06 will be relatively sophisticated, while the database (if any) would be relatively simple. Take some of the spreadsheet/reporting tools, slap them on a Core Data foundation, and voila! Very simple, very easy. [Edit] It also conveniently coerces users to upgrade to Tiger to get all the functionality. Apple is good at doing that. [/Edit] They have to give us something to look forward to in iWorks 07. ...