or Connect

Posts by bikertwin

Oh, good point. Certain things might be faster on a smaller monitor with fewer pixels, but probably not as much a difference as I hoped. Good thing I have a dual processor G5. Just need a better video card than the crappy GeForce FX 5200 I have now. Any suggestions for the $250-$300 range? I haven't really kept up with video card technology since I'm not a gamer.
But think about it. By its very design, it should scale well. On the one hand everyone is complaining that they don't have quad G5s with dual 30" monitors. Well, dual 30" monitors is a *lot* of pixels to push around. You need a quad G5 for that. If you have a more modest monitor setup, then the hardware requirements would scale down proportionally, so you can get by with less.
I won't speak to Apple's future plans, since I don't know them. I'll only talk about the present. Aperture is to Photoshop as InDesign is to Word. Photoshop is powerful and complex and can be used for just about anything, from photography to CMYK production to de novo image creation to photo illustration. Word is powerful and complex and is used for everything from memos to newsletters to Ph.D. theses to mailmerge. But neither Photoshop nor Word excel at any one...
Photo Pro? Adobe has been awfully coy about when/if a Mac version of Photoshop Elements 4.0 will come out. Maybe they're waiting for Apple to announce a software product that PS Elements 4.0 will work with????
Yeah, I don't think there'll be a G5 PowerBook, either. Not with Intels around the corner. If they do announce a G5 PowerBook, it might mean Intel PowerBooks (as opposed to Intel Minis or iBooks) are 1 or 2 years away.
Yes, the videopod/minitablet that was rumored for WWDC. Wow, I sure hope you're right! That would be just what everyone-doesn't-think-they-need-but-Steve-will-convince-them-that-they-do. Just like the original iPod. ;-)
Ha ha, you make me laugh, Ensign Pulver! Glad I can contribute. What I posted is definitely not insider information, since I don't live anywhere near California and don't deal with Apple distributors, marketers, etc. It's more what I'm hoping for, rather than what I'm expecting. The media server/media player integration just sorta occurred to me after digesting a bunch of sources: * AI and various other rumor sites (although there hasn't been much lately!) * A number of...
The Media Server is not only a content creator, it's also the DRM master. You download songs and videos from the iLife Store with, say, a 3-user license. Then mom and Janey can download the yoga video you just purchased onto their media players and "check out" 2 licenses from the media server. Meanwhile Dad and Junior download the latest smash-em-up movie onto their media players and check out 2 licenses for it. Now, everyone has their own temporary copy and it's fully...
In the old days (1980's 'til now) we had desktops. Then we had notebooks for portability, at the sacrifice of power. Let's take that a step further. Could notebooks be further downsized for most home users? And would that be especially attractive if home users had a super-duper server at home? Everyone talks about a "media server", but that's only half the equation. You don't carry a media server around with you. No, you carry a media player around with you. Up 'til...