or Connect

Posts by pixelcruncher

"My model for business is the Beatles." - Steve Jobs 60 Minutes interview 2008http://cnettv.cnet.com/60-minutes-st...-50004696.html Who's gonna break it to Steve that Apple's business model is based on a bunch of hypocrites? Not me.
Yeah, it's like goldy and bronzy, only it's made of iron.
I don't see this happening, or at least not in the way its advertised. Why would a retailer want you to know they were out of inventory? Shops count on people wandering in and buying stuff even when they can't find exactly what they're looking for.So it's actually tracking you, what you're buying, and sharing that with other shoppers?Well, no, if it showed you "popular" stores (as it states in the previous sentence) it would need to track how many people were in it. The...
In other HUGE news: A federal court in New Orleans found: http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/07/23/29099.htm Judge Garza stated: "Merely bypassing a technological protection that restricts a user from viewing or using a work is insufficient to trigger the (Digital Millennium Copyright Act's) anti-circumvention provision. The DMCA prohibits only forms of access that would violate or impinge on the protections that the Copyright Act otherwise affords copyright...
First, Apple has always argued this is illegal, and they spent money in court arguing that jailbreaking is illegal. They will probably issue a statement saying they are disappointed, and who knows if they have legal challenges left. http://www.legalzoom.com/intellectua...f-jailbreaking Apple argued: "Current jailbreak techniques now in widespread use [utilize] unauthorized modification to the copyrighted bootloader and OS, resulting in infringement of the copyright in...
And you can believe it, because its an analyst prediction posted on Appleinsider, and those are NEVER wrong. ...ahem... Notice the headline doesn't read "One analyst predicts..." Yes, once again Appleinsider shows that they don't just eschew journalism, they beat it over the head with a lead pipe in a back alley.
Flurry Analytics?? The company that sells applications and services to iPhone app developers? The same company that partners with AT&T? Well, its a good thing their research bolsters their own position, I'm sure they were relieved that it didn't go any other way. Seriously, this is about a dumb a study as I've ever heard. Our family owns a DS, a Mac, a PC, an iPhone, an iPod Touch, and a Wii. Everybody's getting more of our money, and we certainly didn't spend as...
Awesome news. I hope its worth a real announcement and not some quiet update to the Apple store. I would love for Apple to show some pride in their pro offerings.
Hate to tell you, but if you're an end-user, you're more marginal than you've ever been.
Why would any publisher charge significantly less for their e-books? Because the cost of production is cheaper? Is buying an album on iTunes that much cheaper than buying a CD? No, in fact I can usually find the CD on sale at the same price or $1 more. Why would anyone expect e-books to be drastically different than music downloads? You save a buck or two on an e-book, and with sale pricing I'm sure consumers will pay even less. Last year we found out Apple's profit...