or Connect

Posts by pixelcruncher

All of that and not a single mention of Apple's Inkwell? Certainly was/is an indication that Apple has long supported the notion of tablet computing even if it was only supported by third parties for the Mac.
Am I reading this right???? Is Appleinsder actually using completely unsubstantiated anonymous comments and reporting them as if this were actual verifiable user experiences? I could care less about the argument, but Appleinsider needs someone to tell them that random people posting on the internet don't qualify as trustworthy sources for real world experiences. If Appleinsider feels that its important to draw conclusions beyond the scope of the article they are...
If you've been editing for years then you know that tablet editing is a very mature platform (Wacom tablets and Cintiqs are in every post house on the planet). You also probably know the MASSIVE storage needs required for editing. You also probably know how hot a CPU gets when working in a relatively simple program like Final Cut. Apple tablet as a control surface? Maybe. As an editor? Only as a convenience, certainly not as a professional solution in the near...
Guess you're hoping for a stylus then Not a lot of people gather for dailies in a controlled setting anymore. Its kinda wherever and whenever you can make it happen. For instance, Wolverine dailies were delivered on approximately 130 Digital Betacam Tapes, 500 XDCAM disks, 400 HDCAM SR tapes, and 2,500 DVD’s and was run through the Bones Dailies integrated solution. Not sure where a Mac tablet fits into that kind of system.
I'm not sure what Apple has in store but the idea that any of the regular buying public wants to learn multi-touch gestures is out of line with how much they use the existing multitouch gestures. I would bet 99% of casual Mac buyers don't even know more than a couple gestures or that many of their apps have differing multi-touch gestures of their own.There's also the very serious consideration that Mac devices don't always register touches correctly. That would be...
This is taking it to the next level. This is the beginning of hardware manufactures seizing distribution from software publishers and ensuring software creators that every time you run a program it has been paid for and authorized to run on your system. Its just the direction the business is taking in order to actively combat piracy.From an Intel Atom developer forum:This implies that even if you're submitting freeware the end user still has to authorize the app. But I...
Amazing news. The fact that Apple turned this around so fast is pretty incredible. Couldn't have been easy, couldn't have been cheap. Is it really going to have a huge impact? Certainly not going to make things worse.
I think plenty of people will install different operating systems on the HP slate. Its relatively easy to change OSes on anything that runs Windows. I think Apple's the one that won't let you install their OS on any other system, the iPod Touch requires you to jailbreak it to mod it, and I bet Apple won't let you install a different OS on their (alleged) tablet. I'm betting the HP slate isn't a closed system at all.
Ummm, why wouldn't they? Tablet PCs have been out for years. "Tablet" refers to products that are already out on the market, most of them are laptops with detachable screens.If someone is interested in this new form factor, and searches for "tablet", the results probably won't include what the manufacturer hopes they'll find. What do you suggest they call it to distinguish it from Tablet PCs?
Well, there's always going to be sneering and jeering at AI, but when the last entry of the keynote coverage of your event from one of the top tech sites in the world reads:you have to think your presentation was a bit of a flop.http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/06/l...-2010-keynote/ As far as the "rumored hardware product that was only a concept" that you seem to be dismissing - I really hope that isn't so. The creatives I worked with thought that was a far more...