or Connect

Posts by pixelcruncher

So NOBODY in this thread who thinks this is a good idea has EVER opened up their Mac and added RAM or a hard drive or a PCI card? I could open and close my Mac Pro 20 times a day and such behavior would not void my warranty, nor should it. People will scream - well that's MADE to be that way, and that's the point. If a company wants to make a device service friendly for the end-user they can. A phone could be just as easy to open up to add storage, memory, or modify...
What's great is that it integrates with Maps and drives you around all the places that people flag as poor service. My commute has increased by 30 minutes, but AT&T ensures the integrity of its coverage along that route. Genius. Seriously, since a walk around my house pretty much guarantees a drop or failed call (there's actually a spot that says No Service), and driving through my closest major intersection drops a call 50% of the time, I think there are definitely...
This has a lot less to do with Apple and way more to do with Nintendo not updating their hardware. My son can't stand the iPhone "virtual" controls, and there's no Mario or Lego games on the iPhone. Not to mention the DS games are a better deal over the long run, since my son has been playing a $20 game for six months, but the iPhone games I have bought for him have about 5 hours of gameplay before he's seen all the game has to offer. All his friends have DS and they...
Right, 7000 years of pen usage is going to come to a screeching halt because Apple doesn't want you to use one with the iPhone. As far as taking notes goes, I'll bet there isn't an iPhone user in the world who can beat a guy with a pen and a pad of paper. Try drawing an arrow, quickly underline some text, or sketch a diagram in Notes. With all the iPhones I see in meetings, I've never seen anyone actually use it as a note taking device. People still use laptops and...
As a concept, that's exactly what I've always wanted in a portable computer. Where laptops (and my iPhone) have always failed me is the ability to quickly take notes and organize thoughts and data. I personally hate the way people (myself included) have to bury themselves in their laptops in meetings, tapping away and hidden behind their computer screen. That video demonstrates an interface that works like I work (it would be really cool if you could "flick" data to...
I guess that was just Apple and myself who insisted on 99 cents a song (no exceptions) and albums have to be available as individual song downloads. This new push to sell "extras" is what the music industry insisted Apple allow in order to renew their licensing agreements (along with tiered pricing, which Jobs was dead-set against). Its a way to get AROUND Apple's pricing policy (which is now tiered thanks to said music industry). This is a single song being sold for...
I see it as a spin on all the concessions Apple had to make to renew their download music licensing agreement and secure the mobile (over-the-air) music licensing agreement (which was not part of the original agreement). Apple didn't want tiered pricing, they didn't want all this other stuff, but now that they have to sell it ... Personally I think Apple hopes this dies an early death. Jobs fought for so long for 99 cents a song, I can't imagine they're too ecstatic...
OK, so the whole point of iTunes was buying single songs at 99 cents rather than having to buy an album with a whole bunch of crap we didn't want. Now it appears there's added bonus crap. So now we want the crap? 'Cause I'm pretty sure I still don't want the crap. Maybe someone could fill me in on Apple's official position on whether I want the crap or not.
Can I get an amen?
Obviously every carrier is going to need to step up, this is what every customer is going to be demanding from the new breed of smartphones. It is a testament to how much better the iPhone is than the competition that people aren't running from it based on my personal experiences with dropped calls, voice messages showing up without the phone ever ringing, text messages arriving days later, and random dead spaces. All the more reason to end exclusive agreements, let the...