or Connect

Posts by pixelcruncher

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10495...have-legs.html "Adami noted that there is chatter that Apple (AAPL Quote) is eyeing Electronic Arts(ERTS Quote) as a takeover target." Now THAT would put Apple on the gaming map. Interesting rumor. Edit: Added quote from article.
Apple users already have all the functionality of Twitter without having to buy the company. Can't imagine why Apple would need to buy Twitter. Doesn't make any sense. Why take on a (financially) slowly sinking ship? That is, unless Apple is going to create a subscription model for it. Maybe Apple is looking for an exclusive deal to integrate Twitter on AppleTV?
The Kindle 2 has an integrated mp3 player. "Listen to Music & Podcasts Transfer MP3 files to Kindle to play as background music while you read. You can quickly and easily transfer MP3 files via USB by connecting Kindle to your computer."
Apple has secured 1.1% global market share, and an even more substantial share of the smartphone market. They're here to stay. Some quarters they'll outsell others, some they'll be outsold. It's an incredibly competitive market, and always will be. If you are an iPhone user, you can go to bed every night knowing that Apple will keep making them. If you're not an iPhone user, you can go to bed every night knowing Apple will keep making them. In other words, if...
Like Apple telling you not to jailbreak your iPhone?
Apple SOOOO wants DVD to die. I can't think of any other reason this would be built directly into Quicktime X rather than allowing a 3rd party (like youtube) to handle it.
OK, scanned it quickly, couldn't find anything about 90% of 1st gen iPhones are still in use. I'll give you that percentage, but I can almost guarantee you the new games coming out for the next iPhone won't run on 1st gen. Gotta run, just to reiterate my point, I'm not saying people won't game on the iPhone. The #1 game played worldwide on computers is solitaire, and I see Apple jumping right into that niche. To say that Nintendo is scared (when a single Mario game can...
I stand corrected.
Where did I say that? You simply made the point that after 3 years, the iPhone has a game that sold 300,000 in a month. I was simply countering that the DS track record over 5 years blows that out of the water. People are trying to make the iPhone out to be a gaming machine. I don't think that's true, its an excellent phone with great "timewasters".
I'd love to see some stats on those statements. That doesn't make any sense, people resell the iphone, but throw their DS in the trash? After a couple years? I doubt you can find any evidence to support that, here's a link supporting a much larger installed base than you claim:http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=14327 Feel free to post the link you got your info from, I would love to read it.