or Connect

Posts by pixelcruncher

Nintendo will continue to sell games at $30, because people are still buying them in droves. The DS has over 20 titles that have sold in the 10-20 million range at the $30 price point. That's just in 5 years.
Yeah, probably, but it just plays games. Lots of people aren't buying the iPhone/iPod Touch to game on, they're buying it as a phone. So I'm sure the "installed" market of iPhone/iPod Touch systems that are used as gaming machines is a lot smaller too. Not to mention the willingness of that market to buy games priced over $5. Not only that, I don't know anyone who still has their 1st generation phone. So the "installed" market of iPhones probably isn't the same as the...
Apple is a leader in MOBILE PHONE gaming. Let's be honest, the Nintendo DS is 5 years old and has an installed base of over 100 million, and their sales still are through the roof (even DSi sales are huge, and honestly "WHY?"). Developers can make tens of millions of dollars off of a successful DS title (Nintendogs alone sold over 20 million copies at around $30 a pop). I think that I read recently that the most successful iPhone game made hundreds of thousands for the...
Hollywood is screwing this up. On-line movie purchases should be no different than buying a DVD at Wal-mart, Best Buy, or even your local grocery store. Hollywood needs to create a standardized DRM (there's couldn't be worse than anybody else's) and let everyone sell players and titles from whomever wants to jump in and compete. People should be able to buy digital movie downloads from virtually every on-line store they visit, just like a DVD. Hollywood needs to pony...
No it doesn't. The rights of the consumer supersede the rights of any particular company. If any companies actions are found to be anti-competitive, monopolistic, or harmful the consumer, those practices can be shut down.Check United States v. Microsoft.
It is not Apple's right. The rights of the consumer supersede the rights of any particular company in the US. The EFF is taking Apple to court over jailbreaking iPhones, and if they win, iPhone jailbreaking will be made completely legal. Nothing Apple can do about it. Apple has absolutely no power to dictate the rights of the consumer, that's for the judicial system to decide. Simple as that. Now, Apple can win by arguing that the consumer is best served by not...
Ugh, this argument always sets me off, even if you are trying to slap down a troll like iLad. Can you imagine if Microsoft dictated which apps could be installed on Windows systems? There would be a revolt. We would all be screaming about choice. You're saying Apple should have the right to ban Firefox from their laptops (it's THEIR device, Safari works better). ISPs should be able to say that you can't download any file over 50MB (it's THEIR service, there would be...
It certainly doesn't take much to get some people riled up. Who. Cares. !?! If a consumer out there has less than $1000, they aren't buying a Mac laptop. Apple has made it clear they aren't interested in this consumer. If they were they would be pushing the white Macbook in ads and marketing. The $999 Macbook doesn't appear ANYWHERE on Apple's site until you hit the "buy" button. The Macbook is advertised as "Starting at $1299" on Apple's site - Apple doesn't care...
That is very, very hard to believe. Not even worth getting my hopes up. Maybe a minor compatibility update to help push Apple's new hardware, can't imagine anything more.
No, we don't have folders, we have small dots and homescreens. 11 homescreens is a lot of little dots to fat-finger (and remember which is which), or a lot of flipping. They are limited to 16 apps per page. There were a lot of people who made the same argument about MMS (I think the people complaining about MMS are just not able to see that they already have it through e-mail). Well, the iphone is getting MMS and it will get folders because it is convenient. I'll bet...